Skills: QA / QC / Inspection, Supply Chain Management
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Spring, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- Under general supervision, at the associate level, an SQP will be working to understand all expectations of his/her role.
- SQP Role/Expectations: Will perform inspection of various operations activities and of supplier produced parts.
- Recommends and leads efforts for establishing and sustaining supplier improvement processes.
- Will be required to generate reports of conditions found during inspection activities, notifies Supplier Quality management and internal customers as requested of significant problems, and completes documentation necessary to attest to satisfactory completion of inspection or test activities.
- Responsible for performing quality evaluations on standard and routine processes and products according to engineering drawings, specifications, prescribed methods, and instructions.
- Will identify and report non-conformance to known standards using various measuring and testing methods.
- Provide technical expertise concerning quality systems improvements, inspection techniques, root cause analysis, and effective corrective action.
- Performs onsite supplier quality systems assessment and evaluation.
- Communicate identified process/procedure concerns to Core Teams and broader organization as necessary.
- Provide supplier recommendations for specific projects and strategy fulfillment.
- Measure baseline and quantify improvements.
- Distribute improvements to broader organization as needed.
- Facilitate and assist with process improvement implementation.
- Monitor future state to ensure the delivery of expected results and benefits.
- Stabilize process/quality systems for new supplier.
- Facilitate training and prior lessons learned.
- Provide input for RFQ analysis and recommend awards to Core Team as needed.
- Provide timely technical assistance in regards to supplier quality systems and inspection through FAS, initial production, and transition to stable supply chain.
- Identify and resolve exceptions, root cause analysis and corrective actions/recovery plan to Core Team through defined communication plan.
- Monitor/co-manage supplier performance for assigned suppliers to ensure continuous supply chain stability with the broader organization.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in Engineering, Applied Science or related Technical Field required.
- Recent graduate with Electronic or Electrical Engineering Degree preferred
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in Engineering, Applied Science or related Technical Field.
- Up to 50% travel required for this position.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and /or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available including up to a Supplier Quality Professional.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
445 Woodline Drive, Spring, Texas, 77386, United States
Requisition Number: 67537
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Supply Chain Mgmt
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.