Skills: Logistics Management
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Rotational Contractor
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Major international oil and gas operator is seeking an Expeditor / Logistics Interface for a 28/28 rotational position will be based in Afungi, Mozambique.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of Fifteen (15) years' experience in Oil & Gas Construction, LNG & or Petrochemical facilities. Specific experience and expertise in the following is required:
- Previous experience in similar or associated role(s) on large scale Project(s).
- Experience in Construction activities and the Logistical requirements to support a large scale multinational Project.
- Direct work experience in multinational companies, Projects or Operations in a practical - hands on - role.
- Experience in EPC, Contractor, Sub-contractor, and lower tier supplier relationships.
- Good knowledge of Procurement processes, systems and documentation flows and requirements
- Experience in Microsoft Office programs (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel) and SAP and / or other similar database / business information system.
- At minimum working knowledge of the Logistics Process, all modes of transport import / export, including Customs Importation procedures and processes.
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Fluent oral and written knowledge of English is required, some knowledge of Portuguese would be an advantage.
Primary Responsibilities (to include but not limited to)
- Facilities interface and oversight of the EPC / EPC Contractor(s) and support the Logistics / Ground Transport Manger and Functional Manager(s) in the strategic delivery of all Logistics functions and Marine Operations.
- Provides guidance in relation to Company HSSE, Quality Assurance, Project strategy, commitments and goals.
- Supports the development and implementation of the Company Project Logistics strategy.
- Builds relationships with Company onsite EPC Contractors and Sub-Contractors.
- Monitors and reports on the performance of the Contractors Logistics implementation strategy.
- Engages with key stakeholders to develop and/or review Logistics Plans, procedures and processes.
- Ensures compliance with all Company Import and Duty Exemption processes.
- In conjunction with the Logistics / Ground Transport Manger ensures that Logistics Operations and Services meets the needs of the business.
- Where required attends both Internal and external meetings representing the Logistics Department.
- Degree / Diploma qualification in a Job specific related subject.
- Company will consider combination of equivalent related work experience and / or education as an alternative to a specific degree or field of study.
Competentia is more than a staffing company; we combine our long experience in the industry with a continuing commitment to innovation to provide a different level of customer service.
From the moment you begin planning your projects Competentia offers you real advantages in all areas related to staffing your teams and managing your manpower resources.
We offer strategic staffing solutions ranging from recruitment and onboarding to training, payrolling and mobilizing your human capital.
Above all we offer the expertise, experience and integrity to bring you genuine peace of mind as you manage one of the most challenging aspects of the modern technical market place.