Skills: Cost Engineer, Planner / Scheduler
Other Skills: scheduling, Primavera P6, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint, cost accounting, Work Breakdown Structure creation and management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Duration: 1 year
This manager does not like candidates who have jumped from place to place.
Need to have stable work history.
In this role you will be responsible for developing and maintaining Earned Value Management (EVM) tools for construction scope of work, Total Installed Cost (TIC) and cash flow forecasts, monitoring, and analyzing capital project for cost and schedules performance.
Maintaining and working with the existing reporting tool to capture all key project controls KPIs to achieve best-in-class results in capital project predictability.
The Project Controls Analyst/Engineer will report directly to the Project Controls Manager / Supervisor but will support all construction team members daily for progress tracking and reporting the same to project management team.
The role requires the ability to use advanced and up to date integrated project controls software systems for capital projects, particularly construction phase.
• Participate in the review and approval of baseline packages from External Contractors
• Distribute approved project's budget to baseline Work Breakdown Structure according to the Project's Execution and Contracting Plan
• Align cost forecast and cash flow with the project's execution schedule.
• Prepare monthly EAC forecast for PM review and approval.
• Prepare Earned Value Weekly Reports and issue with analyzed reporting components.
• Ensure that internal and external project schedules align in the Master Schedule.
• Track installation rates and weather related inefficiencies continuously to project completion dates
• Assist PM with Contingency management, by tracking EWRs and notifying Contingency Balances
• Attend Site meetings and assist with timely resolution of pending EWRs
• Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project controls information to the project team
• Work directly with key stakeholders, project managers and project engineers at their respective locations or within their business area to answer questions and resolve issues pertaining to Project Controls
• Prepare reports and presentations associated with the above requirements
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Construction Engineering or equivalent
- The individual must have a minimum of 5 years' experience in pipeline, process plants or other oil and gas industry construction
- 5-10 years related work experience in project controls / project planning.
- 5-10 years Primavera P6 experience and scheduling in a construction environment.
- Relocate to Construction site as needed for temporary period of time.
- Must have project controls, scheduling and Primavera P6 experience.
- Must be willing to learn and work well with others.
- Needs to be able to take feedback well if provided by members of the team.
- Industry experience is a plus but not a must have.
- Previous Capital Project experience from working in oil and gas production, construction of major facilities, power generation or public infrastructure is a plus.
• Advanced knowledge of cost accounting and engineering practices, Work Breakdown Structure creation and management, and work packaging strategy from engineering to construction
• Strong knowledge of MS Office, including the ability to manipulate large amounts of data and perform complex functions within Access and Excel
• Proficiency in computer skills including, but not limited to, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint and Primavera P6
• Experience with engineering and construction based cost systems (productivity, performance measurement, progress tracking, etc.)
• Experience with project control tracking/forecasting/scheduling software systems
• Demonstrated conceptual, analytical, and problem solving skills towards the generation of solutions and sound decisions
• Strong communication skills, confident interacting with stakeholders in verbal, written and electronic form
Located minutes from downtown Houston, "The Energy Capital of the World," G.A.S. Unlimited, Inc. is a staffing specialist to the Oil and Gas Industry.
G.A.S. Unlimited, Inc. was established in 1970 as an Oil and Gas staffing firm serving companies along theTexas Gulf Coast. Since our inception, we have grown into a global Staffing Specialist assisting the United States' top Energy companies and professionals. We are dedicated to providing the leading EPC and Operating companies with superior staffing services and employment management across the nation and around the world, while matching our employees with their future project opportunities.
Our priority is matching clients with employees, not only based on job requirements and worker expertise, but giving due consideration to the business goals of our clients as well.
A growing market requires focused endeavors to circumvent industry challenges. We manage your employment requests; improving cost control, increasing productivity, and reducing risks.
Design and Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Start-up, Operations and Maintenance
Contract, Direct, Contract-to-Direct, Project Management, Payroll Services, Global Logistics and Resources, Recruitment: Expats, OCNs, Locals
Fast fact about G.A.S. Unlimited
• Headquarters: 15999 City Walk Suite 200 Sugar Land, TX 77479 United States
• Website: http://www.gasglobal.com
• Industry: Staffing and Recruiting
• Type: Privately Held
• Company Size: 501-1000 employees
• Founded: 1970
• 42 Years in Business
• Leader in its Field
• Work with Nearly All of the Leading Global EPC Firms (Bechtel, CB&I Lummus, Fluor, Foster Wheeler, Jacobs, KBR, Shaw, Technip, Wood Group, Worley Parsons)
• Provided services to clients on 6 continents
•Focus on All Phases of Asset Life Cycle (Engineering/Design, Construction, Commissioning/Start Up, Operations & Maintenance)
•Operations in 15 Countries
•Expanding to 12 new countries in 2011
•40 years of staffing experience
•Global provider of highly skilled contract personnel to the Energy industry