Skills: Chemical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Richmond, California, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Richmond, CA California or Houston, Texas through December 17, 2018 at 11:59 p.m.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Provide technical consulting services to all Chevron Operating Companies (OPCO's) for existing assets as well as capital projects, including petroleum refineries, offshore topside facilities, onshore production facilities, gas plants, and pipelines.
• Independently establish credibility and serve OPCO's business needs in a consulting role in the area of heat exchange
• Assist the OPCO project management team with concept development, scoping, field startup, trouble shooting, and failure analysis.
• Maintain steady contacts with ETC and OPCO subject matter experts and develop an active connection between the OPCO project management and SME's.
• Actively participate in Haz OP's, Safety Objective Analysis, Levels of Protection Analysis.
• May assist in development and delivery of training on heat exchangers.
• Acts to leverage technology across Business Unit boundaries through technology networks and documentation.
• Participate in industry committees such as HTRI, technical networks, works collaboratively with peers and customers, and contributes to organizational capability by documenting and filing work product.
• Industry committee involvement is expected
• Bachelor of Science degree or higher in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
• A minimum of 10 years of industrial experience including design, simulation, and troubleshooting of heat exchangers
• Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge and problem-solving skills in industrial business environments
• Strong knowledge of ASME, API, and TEMA industry standards for heat exchangers
• Domestic and international travel about 10% - 25% of the time
• Practical knowledge of heat transfer
• Working knowledge of HTRI heat exchanger simulation software
• Mentoring and teaching skills
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.