Skills: Reliability Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Bergen, Hordaland, Norway
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- (MAASP module, Completion and Assembly Drawing module, Risk assessment module, Verification module, Monitoring module, Inhouse and customer dashboard, assignment to modules as pr. close affection, amongst other take a leading role in current holistic development program we are undertaking for VNG)
- Interfacing towards Schlumberger technical disciplines where applicable to support collaboration in DELFI
- Making functional specifications for modules and components
- User intuitive UX input
He/She reports to the Technical Manager or Business Manager in WellBarrier
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support and perform technical sales in cooperation with Sales Manager and Managing Director
- Support and undertake well integrity/drilling training; application usage and general well integrity
- Support developing the Wellbarrier software to become a holistic well integrity tool supporting visualization and communication for Customers as a standalone service and along Schlumberger as part of the DELFI platform
- Support quality assurance of new components and modules pre- and post- service deployment
- Undertake Customer project follow-up or execution if Wellbarrier undertake special well integrity associated projects
- Take a key role in following up the risk module we are developing and pursue the Underground gas storage market
- Assist with user support, user guidance and user manuals as a shared team effort
- Take special ownership for software modules to be agreed (current, under development and future)
- Take "Account manager" role for specific customer/customer groups (to be agreed)
- (It must me noted that this job description list is extensive and probably unrealistic for one person, so we will focus on matching the candidates experience and ambitions to a suitable workload from the above listing)
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's (or equivalent industrial experiences) in science or engineering is a requirement. (M.Sc. is a nice to have)
- Minimum 4-year experience with well integrity/ drilling and well barrier usage from drilling, completion and/or production activities, industry seniority between 10 yrs. to 20 years' preferred.
- Need to possess a holistic understanding of well, drilling and production activity
- Beneficial if the candidate has a digital competences and/or ambition that can be applied in our software development
- Needs to have initiative and ambitions, this is not just a job, it is an opportunity to grow into a worldwide leading digital well barrier/well integrity/drilling role
- Assignment is in Wellbarrier offices in Stavanger, candidates should be able to travel Worldwide (4-8 trips pr. year) as per business requirements
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in Norway, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.