Skills: Field Comm / SCADA, Field Service Tech, Control Room Operations
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further.... We are probing for individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable and are ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
• About Nabors
Nabors owns and operates the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and has one of the largest completion services and workover and well servicing rig fleets in North America. Our company is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the U.S. and multiple international markets. Nabors provides innovative drilling technology and equipment, directional drilling and comprehensive oilfield services in most of the significant oil and gas markets in the world.
• Nabors Drilling Solutions is an oil and gas service company and a division of Nabors Drilling Technologies USA, Inc. With offices in Alaska, North Dakota, East/South/and West Texas, we are positioned to service both the North American and International marketplaces. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding and looking for a qualified Control Systems Technician.
Control Systems Technicians are responsible for remotely supporting Control Logic on all aspects of the Integrated Rig Control Cabin, Power House, HMI's, PLC software and associated electrical systems. These technicians will also heavily interact with field service technicians and third parties to provide OEM support. Highly technical and analytical individuals will excel in this position. Advanced troubleshooting skills are required.
• Remotely install, service and repair control systems and integrated components
• Train customers and other employees on use and functions of control systems
• Perform detailed inspections and provide repair recommendations
• Document and report any changes to technical functionality or specifications
• Work directly with engineering to develop new products and resolve existing engineering issues
• Rotational on-call point of escalation
• Follow and enforce established management of change processes
• Work with other technical teams (equipment, software and infrastructure) to ensure quick resolution to production issues is achieved
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum 2 years electrical experience
• Proven ability to work safely
• Interpersonal skills, ability to work with customers
• Excellent documentation skills
• Advanced understanding of electrical systems and wiring
• Ability to read electrical schematics and ladder diagrams
• Experience viewing and editing PLC programs
• Understanding of VFDs and SCRs
• Understanding of generator controls
• Familiarity with popular HMI systems
• Ability to use diagnostic equipment such as: digital multimeter, ammeter, megger, circuit tracer, and oscilloscopes.
• Must be able to work rotational shifts
• Advanced understanding of generator controls
• Prior upstream O&G experience, especially with mudpumps and drawworks
• Experience with HVAC systems
• Experience with configuration and imaging of servers or virtual machines
• Familiarity with popular fieldbus standards, especially Modbus and Profibus
• Familiarity with EtherNet/IP, OPC, or other process control communications protocols
• Experience troubleshooting fiber-optic communications
• Position may require occasional travel
• Position requires working in field for training
• Position is operations oriented, and may require being on-call
• Position may require working overnights and holidays
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.