The Process Operator is responsible for monitoring, controlling and conducting activities that pertain to unit operation and taking
corrective action when necessary to ensure that all unit conditions and operations are in compliance with Deer Park safety,
environmental, and operating policies and procedures.
Typical duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensuring strict compliance with Deer Park's safety policies and procedures, taking immediate corrective action in the event a potential issue or unsafe behavior is observed.
- Ensure proper shift turnover by providing effective written and oral communications to the relieving shift and technician that cover routine and non-routine issues, problems faced, unit operating conditions, etc.
- Monitoring and accurately recording temperatures, pressures and rates of flow for upward or downward trends.
- Maintaining good communications with other team members and with other facility teams (Utilities, Logistics, etc.).
- Ensuring that operations are within environmental requirements.
- Performing required preventative maintenance and assist in troubleshooting potential issues and give assistance to others when unit problems occur.
- Making sure to document efforts in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Properly using personal computers for meeting daily performance expectations and accessing plant and unit information and procedures.
- Actively assuming personal accountability for meeting Deer Park's standards of continuous personal and professional development.
- Participating in training and respond to emergency situations as required.
- Actively complying with all operating policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that work stations and the work location is clean and free of hazards.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.Requirements
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without the requirement of a work visa
- Must be at least 18 years' old
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma
- Must be able to speak, read and write English proficiently
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of current experience in the last 5 years as a Process/Production Operator in a catalyst, petrochemical or refining work environment OR military experience OR equivalent experience in other manufacturing industries
- Associate of Applied Science degree in Process Technology is beneficial but not a requirement
- Willing and able to work while wearing a respirator or Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
- Willing and able to work outside in inclement weather with or without accommodation
- Willing and able to work in compact and confined spaces with or without accommodation
- Willing and able to climb ladders, walk up and down steps, and work at heights with or without accommodation
- Willing and able to respond to emergencies as part of the Emergency Response Team with or without accommodation
- Willing and able to work a rotating shift work schedule
- Willing and able to work overtime, holidays, nights, and weekends
- Willing and able to be on call and meet call-out standards to respond to site responsibilities and emergencies
- Possess a current, valid license to operate a motor vehicle in the United States
- Must currently hold or be able to qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card prior to employment start date. Note, information regarding TWIC qualification standards may be found at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
- As a part of the pre-employment selection process, candidates are required to submit to and receive satisfactory results from all pre-employment background, drug, medical, and reference checks, including hair and oral fluids drug testing
- Willing and able to support the company's drug-free work environment, which will include random drug screenings
- Willing and able to support and comply with the company's harassment-free work environment policy
- Willing and able to support and comply with the company's safety policies and initiatives
- Willing and able to support and comply with the company's diversity and inclusion work environment policies
- Willing and able to attend and achieve satisfactory results on pre-employment testing
?Shell considers your military experience to be a valuable asset and we appreciate the life experiences you have earned and the sacrifices you and your family have made. We welcome anyone with applicable military experience to apply.Disclaimer
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.