The Chemical Lab Technician is an integral member of the Quality Measurements Department providing laboratory support to the Chemical Sections of the Deer Park Manufacturing Complex. The role will directly support the Chemical production units by performing routine quality assurance testing.
- The operations of the following analytical instrumentation: Karl Fischer, densitometers, UV-Vis spectroscopy, X-ray fluorescence, combustion sulfur/nitrogen specific analyzers, automatic distillation, flashpoint determination, and Metrohm titrators
- Gas Chromatography applications with flame ionization detectors and mass spectrometer of both liquid and gases
- High Pressure Liquid Chromatography and Ion Chromatography
- The use of Sample Manager / GLMIS, Open Lab, SAP and Envantage software applications in support of routine testing and reporting
- The interpretation of SQC charts and applicable run rules
- Perform preventative maintenance to analytical instrumentation
- Follow Quality System procedures and protocols
- Recognize analysis problems and proactively take corrective action per protocols
- Interpret, record and report data; if off-specification, take corrective action per protocols
- Ensure timely delivery of results
- Ability to multitask and to communicate results to stakeholders as requested
Basic expectations also include:
- Comply with Deer Park policies, order and procedures, including those for the safe conduct of work
- Start every shift with safety, focus on what to do to make your shift incident-free
- Act with personal integrity and transparency
- Be fair, equitable and courteous to everyone
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.Requirements
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without the requirement of a work visa
- Must be at least 18 years' old
- Must be able to speak, read and write English proficiently
- Experience as a Laboratory Technician in an industrial environment
- Willing to work in an environment where the use of computer is required
- Willing to work outside in inclement weather with or without accommodation
- Willing to climb ladders, walk up and down steps, and work at heights with or without accommodation
- Willing to work a rotating shift work schedule
- Willing to work at least 12 consecutive hours each day and a shift schedule of up to 10 days in a row
- Willing to work overtime, holidays, nights, and weekends
- Willing to be on call and meet call-out standards to respond to site responsibilities and emergencies
- Must currently hold or be able to qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card. Note, information regarding TWIC qualification standards may be found at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
- As a part of the pre-employment selection process, candidates are required to submit to and receive satisfactory results from a pre-employment medical screening, background check and drug tests including hair and oral fluids.
- Willing to submit to all pre-employment checks
- Willing to support the company's drug-free work environment, which will include random drug screenings
- Willing to support and comply with the company's harassment-free work environment policy
- Willing to support and comply with the company's safety policies and initiatives
- Willing to support and comply with the company's diversity and inclusion work environment policies
- Willing to attend and achieve satisfactory results on pre-employment testing
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.