Skills: Engineering Manager, Engineering Technician
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This engineering technologist position will be located in the Company's Denver office working DJ Basin Reserves. Successful candidates will be responsible for data management, data analysis/interpretation and training and development of other staff.
- Minimum 4 years of Engineer / Technologist experience with an undergrad degree, or Minimum of 8 years of total experience required
- At least two years of experience with Aries required.
- Robust knowledge of database and spreadsheet applications, specifically Microsoft Access and Excel.
- Experience with Spotfire and mapping preferred.
- High software aptitude with ability to program in Excel and Access, VBA preferred.
- Self-motivated individual with strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills, knowledge of database and spreadsheet applications.
- Good interpersonal communication skills and ability to work in team environment.
- Takes initiative to maintain and increase technical and working knowledge.
- Track record of utilizing technology to enhance data flow & process improvement.
- History of opportunity recognition and high aptitude for problem solving.
- Makes recommendations for complex problems based upon thorough data analysis/ interpretation.
- Demonstrates initiative through interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Provides assistance to less experienced employees.
- Seeks feedback from management and other involved disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new applications quickly.
- Requires limited supervision
- Assist with quarterly SEC reserves process.
- Assist the engineering team with data management, data assimilation and organization and process improvement.
- Update, maintain and manage the team's various technical databases, which could include Aries and other internal software programs. Become the team's expert on the use and capabilities of these tools.
- Perform analysis and make recommendations on engineering data for troubleshooting and problem solving efforts.
- Analyze processes, recommend implementation and utilize technology to execute process improvements.
- Streamline and automate manual procedures, where possible utilizing software and programming such as Excel, Access, VBA, etc.
- Gain familiarity with APC production and accounting systems and become proficient in extracting and compiling production and cost information as needed.
- Coordinate and communicate across disciplines, applying lessons learned and best practices.
- Maintain data and evaluate asset performance to drive efficiencies into the business.
- May be responsible for written and verbal presentations to management.
- Takes an active part in team meetings and decisions.
- Uphold all company environmental, health and safety policies and principles.
- Role model for highest professional and ethical behavior.
- Proactively seek to improve systems, data management, processes and team functionality.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree in Science, Mathematics, Computer Science or Information Technology or a closely related field strongly preferred
This position may be eligible for relocation
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0 - 10%
This position is eligible for the 5/40 or 9/80 work schedule.
Anadarko does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role
Equal Employment Opportunity
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating and promoting applicants and / or employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee's and applicant's disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following 'Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law'
Anadarko is among the world’s largest independent oil and natural gas exploration and production companies, with corporate offices in the Woodlands, Texas. Our deep and balanced portfolio of assets encompasses premier positions in major U.S. onshore shale and resource plays, and oil-focused opportunities in deep-water basins worldwide.
Each day, we are focused on our core values of integrity and trust, servant leadership, commercial focus, people and passion and open communication in all of our business activities. We are committed to our mission of delivering a competitive and sustainable rate of return to shareholders by exploring for, acquiring and developing oil and natural gas resources vital to the world's health and welfare. At Anadarko, we directly employ more than 4,900 men and women and we strive for excellence in all that we do. We know the best vision in the world will not be realized without the right people.
At Anadarko, we set ambitious goals and take disciplined risks to achieve them. We need individuals who will take on this challenge. We’re planning for the future and looking for exceptional people to be part of it.
Visit our channel on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/AnadarkoTV
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/anadarko-petroleum-corporation
Anadarko is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.