Skills: Maintenance Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Picayune, Mississippi, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Wood is searching for an Aircraft Maintenance Technician with experience in the aviation industry.
Work schedule of 5 x 2 in Picayune, MS; must live in the Picayune, MS area.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Repairs, assembles, and tests aircraft accessories, such as engines, power brake units, auxiliary electric motors, carburetors, spark igniters, valves, pumps, fuselage, wings, and oil and fuel tanks, using hand tools and testing devices, and following shop orders and manufacturer's specifications.
- Disassembles unit, using hand or power wrenches and screwdrivers.
- Cleans parts, using cleaning solutions, and polishing and lapping compounds.
- Repairs, services, and overhauls aircraft engines to ensure airworthiness.
- Reads and understands manufacturers' and airline's maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Additional duties per Supervisor.
Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 1-3 years of aviation experience required; Must be Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certified Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Mechanic
Preferred: Associate degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; 5+ years' experience preferred; Must be Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certified Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Mechanic
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.