Skills: HVAC, Mechanical Technician
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Wood is searching for a HVAC Technician with offshore experience in the oil and gas industry.
Work schedule of 14x14 with a work terminal out of Galliano, LA
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Installs, calibrates, services, modifies and repairs heating, ventilating, air conditioning systems, and related environmental-control systems utilizing knowledge of heating and refrigeration theory, pipefitting, and structural layout; this also includes system malfunction diagnosis.
- Mounts compressor and condenser units on platform or floor, using hand tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications.
- Fabricates, assembles, and installs ductwork and chassis parts, using portable metalworking tools and welding equipment.
- Prepares material lists for materials needed to support any HVAC activities.
- Maintains documentation (records), as required, on all work performed by loading these records into work management software program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 1-2 years of offshore experience required
Preferred: Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; 3-4+ years' offshore experience preferred
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.