Skills: Production Operator
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Wood is searching for an A Operator to join our deepwater team with offshore production operating experience in the oil and gas industry.
Work schedule of 14x14 with a work terminal out of Galliano, LA
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Assesses specifications and controls continuous operation of oil and gas production equipment.
- Operates, monitors, tests, maintains and repairs all facility equipment as required and within compliance of all federal, state and local governmental requirements.
- Reads processing schedules, operating logs, test results of oil samples, and laboratory recommendations to determine changes in equipment controls required to produce specified quantity and quality of product.
- Moves and positions controls, such as knobs, valves, switches, levers, and index arms, on control panels to control process variables, such as flows, temperatures, pressures, vacuum, time, catalyst, and chemicals, by automatic regulation and remote control of processing units, such as heaters, furnaces, compressors, exchangers, rechargers, absorbers, and towers.
- Responsible for the testing of Oil and Gas wells and entering this data into the production accounting software.
- Maintains documentation (records), as required, on all work performed by loading these records into work management, and compliance assurance software programs.
- Assist in crane and rigging operations.
- Functions as replacement for lead operator when absent, supervises personnel during daily functions to assure safe practices and a pollution free environment within the compliance of all federal, state and local governmental agencies.
- Operates, maintains and repairs all facility equipment, quarters and activities on a daily basis which include good housekeeping, parts and material storage, record keeping, shipping and receiving.
- Operates, monitors, tests, and maintains all process equipment and safety devices from the wellhead to the sales line.
- Monitors the performance of personnel, wells and production equipment to maximize recovery; Calculates daily rates, complete well testing, and reports production information; Determines gravity of condensate and salinity of water and troubleshooting to deliver the maximum sales quality and quantity of gas, oil and/or condensate to sales line and to discharge produced water containing less than 29 ppm hydrocarbons overboard within the capabilities of the equipment.
- Responsible for safety and safety record keeping required by BSEE and USCG on such items as weekly/monthly safety meetings, emergency evacuation and response plan, abandon platform, boarding personnel briefing on emergency procedures, etc.
Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 3-4 years of experience required in oil and gas production, or accelerated on the job training in lieu of 4 yrs.
Preferred: Associate degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; 5+ years' offshore production operating experience on a deepwater production platform preferred. Crane operator certification preferred.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.