Skills: Production Operator
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Wood is searching for an Automation Specialist with offshore experience in the oil and gas industry.
Work schedule of 14x14 with a work terminal out of Galliano, LA
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Helps to ensure operations are completed in accordance with regulatory requirements, company controls and guidelines; they contribute to the safe and efficient operations through competent operation and maintenance of process systems and associated equipment; Reports to the maintenance team leader and is primarily engaged with functional support of instruments and control systems.
- Inspects, tests, troubleshoots, adjusts, calibrates and repairs electric, electronic, mechanical, and pneumatic instruments and systems including: Field Instrumentation (pressure, temperature, level, flow, vibration sensors and transmitters). Control Systems (process safety, process controls, component controls, system controls, metering). Communications Systems (phones, radios, LAN/WAN). Firefighting and Safety Equipment (fire and gas detectors, fire panels).
- Must maintain and interface with the day to day activities of the Instrument Technicians, construction work involving changes to the facility control systems, and work directly with the Automation Engineers to investigate and deliver innovation that will provide a more reliable process safety system, which will maintain facility integrity.
- Maintain documentation (records), as required, on all work performed by loading these records into work management software program and track inventory and high maintenance items.
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor in setting short-term priorities for platform maintenance needs to meet agreed targets and ensure that the maintenance of the platform operating equipment will deliver maximum production in a cost effective and environmentally responsible and safe manner.
- Assist Maintenance Technicians with feedback and interfacing Packaged Equipment Control Systems, as well as, pressure, temperature and vibration shutdown systems.
- Help develop procedure to ensure that processes are in place and are effective for the safe operation and isolation of the facilities.
- Integrate maintenance activities into the overall facilities planning and monitoring.
- Ensure control and safety systems correspond with P&ID's and SAFE charts. Ensure system and control drawings are kept up to date and accurate.
- Interface with management, operations, and engineering for day-to-day operations and new project execution.
- Ensure preventative and pro-active measures are followed to maintain safety and control system integrity.
- Assist in system design and implementation; Monitor and maintain spare parts inventory applicable to systems and controls; Maintain systems and control portion of the facility.
- Debug and optimize automation programs; Maintain program and system files backup; Maintain software and communication networks. (e.g. Ethernet, Data Highway Plus, RS logic, RS Net, Devicenet, Control Net, and Modbus).
- Assist maintenance and I&E with troubleshooting procedures for equipment such as pumps, compressors, generators and process equipment.
- Maintenance upgrades and repair of computers including servers, HMI monitoring, control computers and local touch screen interface panels.
- Develop PLC and HMI programs for new equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 3-5 years of experience required
Preferred: Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; 5+ years' experience preferred
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.