Skills: Production Engineering, Well Intervention
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Raeburn have a requirement for a Senior Production Engineer to work with our client, an Oil & Gas Operator. This is a contract opportunity and will be based in Aberdeen.
Only those with the Right to Work in the UK should apply. Raeburn do not have the ability to provide visa sponsorship, therefore current valid Right to Work in the UK is required.
The successful candidate will be a Senior Production Engineer in the production engineering/optimisation team. Acting as custodian and manager of the well operating envelope and the integrated production system. You will occasionally be required to operate in an supervisory capacity to stand-in for team leader.
Technical/Functional - Production Value Protection
- Safeguard/manage the production/injection well operating envelope and performance. Identify and realise well optimisation opportunities in conjunction with Reservoir Engineers and D&C Engineers
- Drive the sand management strategies.
- Identify, project manage and drive well interventions, production optimisation opportunity realisation.
- Implement and oversee the digital oil field; Production System Optimisation and Well Flow Assurance processes.
Technical/Functional - Production Value Creation
- Support infill well programs provision of all production technology input (upper completion design, artificial lift design and sand face design)
- Subsea interventions (intervention programming/design)
- Drive preparation of technical and commercial justification for well interventions & workovers
- Prepare input for partners meetings and annual production reports (OGA etc.)
- Oversee 3rd party studies and take part in same
- Occasional offshore visits in support of project execution
- Preferably MSc or equivalent degree in either Petroleum Engineering/Reservoir Engineer or related subject achieving a minimum 2:1 or equivalent.
- Extensive relevant experience in Oil/Gas Industry
- Sound theoretical petroleum engineering & production technology exposure.
- Familiarity with industry-standard Petroleum Engineering software methods including well performance modelling, reservoir simulation, and material balance amongst others.
- Familiarity with PVT analysis & interpretation
- Familiarity with production chemistry issues associated with waterflood reservoirs
- Familiarity with rock mechanical issues associated with production and injection
- Familiarity with cased hole logging principles and application
Established in 1981, Raeburn has more than 34 years’ experience supporting our clients in the UK and international Oil & Gas and Petro-Chemical Industries.
Raeburn is built upon a solid foundation of experience and genuine hands on appreciation of our client’s project and operational developments - from the very first generation of UKCS offshore platforms to onshore refineries, tension leg platforms, pipeline and subsea completions, deep water projects, FPSO developments and de-commissioning projects, Raeburn have effectively supported our clients at all stages of their UKCS and international upstream and downstream projects and operational requirements with qualified and experienced multi-disciplined personnel.
Our combined knowledge of worldwide Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical projects both onshore and offshore, operations and standards, our unmatched professional technical and commercial recruitment experience, pay-rolling services, access to one of the world’s largest Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical specific databases, and our proven experience in the fields of international Visa, Work Permits, Payroll and Taxation management, ensures that Raeburn are best placed to support our clients with their recruitment needs, and provide support and advice on industry related matters.
Raeburn are fully committed to supporting our clients with all their recruitment and on-boarding requirements, and have the scalable structure, experience and dedication to provide a high quality, unrivalled and professional services enhancing efficiency and adding value to our clients’ businesses.
Raeburn have an outstanding track record of delivery for the Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical industry’s major operators, service companies and contractors at all stages of their developments both in the UK and internationally. We are aware of the ever changing recruitment market and the need to ensure we are pro-active in the delivery of recruitment services provided to our clients, specifically in terms of legislation, technology and contractual demands.
Raeburn’s growing success is built upon our knowledge and expertise within the Oil & Gas and Petro-Chemical industries delivering the very highest of standards and reliability in sourcing the very best talent available in the market. Raeburn’s management and our teams of dedicated recruitment professionals are committed entirely to delivery and support for our clients now and in the future.