Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Cameron, A Schlumberger Company, currently have an exciting opportunity for a Buyer to join the Team based at our Gateway Offices in Cove, Aberdeen.
The Buyer will be responsible for creating purchase order tracking systems, answering vendor questions and providing them with additional order documentation as needed. The successful candidate for this position should have experience in the aftermarket industry and a strong understanding of supply chain management concepts.
Roles and Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Ensure correct vendors are used and controlled to manage and improve vendor delivery and HSEQ performance.
- Run MRP lists daily and arrange the procurement of goods and services as required to meet Cameron Aberdeen requirements
- Maintain SAP system dates and costs to meet plant performance requirements.
- Work to minimise purchase variances in order to protect profit position.
- Assist other groups in the quotation process by obtaining costs for parts and assemblies and advising on deliveries, etc for new projects.
- Examine documents and monitors work processes for completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards and specifications (standard v actual worked hours).
- Good working knowledge of SAP systems is essential for this role.
- Previous buying/procurement experience.
- Can do attitude.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential.
- A clear understanding of factors effecting supply and demand.
- Experience in the negotiation and procurement of procured products and services is desirable.
- Experience in the procurement of engineering parts and services would be an advantage.
- The ability to read and understand engineering drawings and bills of materials would be an advantage.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.