Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Duncan, Oklahoma, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
In this role, you will be responsible for the systems engineering for large-scale automation projects for Halliburton's Production Enhancement and Cementing Product Service Lines (PSL). You will provide oversight for the delivery of state-of-the-art technology solutions for some of the most challenging problems in oil & gas to improve operational efficiency, lower costs, and maximize well productivity. You will need to be creative, dynamic, passionate, and data-driven with the ability to effectively communicate and influence the team to deliver best-in-class technology. This is a high visibility position where the incumbent is expected to frequently interact with technology and business leadership to formulate and steer the technology strategy for controls and automation.
Essential duties & responsibilities :
- Cultivate a culture of innovation in systems engineering. Ensure that state-of-the-art technology is applied in the development of new technical solutions.
- Lead systems engineering for large-scale industrial automation & electrification projects
- Work across the entire surface equipment technology team to ensure systems engineering considerations are included during all design phases.
Education / Experience / Knowledge :
- Skills are acquired through an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other STEM discipline and 7 years' experience.
- Prefer a Master's degree (electrical, mechanical, chemical, or aerospace engineering) with 8 to 12 years of systems engineering experience or related/applicable experience. PhD degree is highly desired but not required.
- Past experience in oil & gas and power generation preferred. Experience in large-scale industrial processes (chemical, pharmaceutical, oil & gas refining) is essential to be successful in this role.
- Knowledgeable in the application of engineering tools and methodologies like Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Design of Experiments (DoE), Design for reliability & manufacturability (DfR/DfM), Design Verification, and Quality Function Deployment (QFD).
- Strong understanding of systems engineering required to control of complex processes (refining, petrochemical, food/beverage, agriculture).
- Solid understanding of power systems engineering (low & medium voltage), switchboard design, protection systems, and electric machine design / selection.
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available.
Competencies, skills, and abilities :
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings and diagrams, electrical schematics, piping and instrument drawings (P&IDs), flow charts and cause and effect diagrams.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
2600 South 2nd St , Duncan , Oklahoma , 73533 , United States
Requisition Number: 66139
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Production Enhancement
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.