Ingleside, Texas, United States
Ingleside, Texas, United States
Skills: Electrical Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Ingleside, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
GATE Energy is a family of companies that provide scalable, fit-for-purpose services for the energy sector including project management, engineering, commissioning, field services, operations and staffing services. Our expertise and knowledge is supported by subject matter experts, proprietary equipment and software across all of the GATE Energy service lines. We want our projects to work right the first time. Small projects. Large projects. Complex projects. Every Project. Every Time.
The Electrical Commissioning Technician is a Project Position responsible for executing commissioning activities on facility electrical devices and systems. The Technician works under direction from Sr. Technicians, Supervisors and Discipline Leads to meet project deadlines and all project safety targets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Carry out commissioning activities as directed by Sr. Technicians, Supervisors and Discipline Leads.
• Read and interpret electrical schematics, one-lines, and general arrangement drawings.
• Conduct electrical commissioning checks on low & medium voltage switchgear, MCC's, VFD's, motors, lighting.
• Complete documentation (e.g. Inspection Test Records or System Commissioning Procedures) required to document completion of commissioning activities.
• Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair and to ensure compliance. Where required, generate punchlists or non-conformance reports.
• Follow and maintain GATE and client standards for Quality in accordance with Quality System requirements.
• Generate Job Safety Analysis and other required documentation to adhere with project / client HSSE and permit requirements.
• Test and maintain electrical, wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus and fixtures using test equipment, hand tools, and power tools.
• Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
• Maintain current licenses, certifications or identification cards to meet governmental regulations and project / client requirements.
• Adhere to standards and client requirements for Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE). Take reasonable care of one's own health and safety and that of others in the workplace.
• Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Experience and Education
• Minimum 5 years' experience in oil and gas commissioning.
• Technical qualification or technical institute background preferred.
• Working knowledge of appropriate regulatory requirements and restrictions.
• Knowledge of oil and gas facilities and associated control and safety systems.
• Proven ability to effectively and efficiently work as part of a team under direction from field supervision.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and work well with others.
• NFPA 70E and NCCR training preferred.
• Proven ability to promote client relationships.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to travel within the US, offshore and internationally.
• Ability to climb stairs, ladders, ramps and accessing and utilize scaffolding.
• Ability to carry tools bag (up to 50 lbs), bend body downward and forward, kneel, climb & walk.
• Work extended shift hours e.g. 12+ hours / day or as dictated by project requirements.
• HUET certification preferred.
GATE Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.