Skills: Secretarial or Administrative
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Office Admin - Water Operations located in Midland, TX Texas / United States through December 20, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Handles high level, confidential information.
- Coordinates the day to day administrative needs of the team resolving routine matters proactively where possible.
- Coordinates Water Team Meetings to include logistics, report /presentation slide deck development, agenda preparation and meeting minutes.
- Data entry - bring wells to active status and recording choke changes and well tests as wells are POP - multi step process per event
- Manage payroll for all O&M employees on the water team.
- Manage vehicle distribution and associated databases for all O&M employees. (Water Operations group)
- Manage all invoicing for the water organization including compilation, distribution to responsible parties, ensuring proper coding, obtaining DOA approval, and returning to vendors in Ariba all in a timely manner
- Effectively communicates with groups internal and external to the team/organization.
- Assists in the preparation of team communications, documents, spreadsheets, databases and presentations for management.
- Assists in the logistical onboarding of team members with office supplies, business cards, corporate credit cards, etc.
- Files and ensures security of confidential correspondence for Management.
- Occasional unscheduled and scheduled overtime.
- Communicates effectively through telephone, fax, or written communication lines. Strong interpersonal skills are needed as this individual interacts with multi-levels of organization and corporate personnel.
- Ability to plan, balance and multi-task job responsibilities based on business need; paying attention to detail, approaching work proactively to maintain a high level of accomplishment; ability to meet deadlines while producing high quality work; ability to anticipate needs and follow through to completion.
- Collect waste manifests from recycle facilities, input water treatment solid waste into ESuites for waste tracking and compliance; reconcile invoices with waste facilities for closure of disposal events
- Manage spreadsheet with project WBS numbers for FS to ensure proper coding of invoices and exception time reporting.
- Manage Pit database with pond attributes and work with Field Specialists to keep it current.
- Maintain contact info and vacation/travel schedule for team.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5+ years relevant total experience (internal and external)
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- The ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality; adapt to changing needs and deadlines, prioritize effectively, demonstrate strong people skills, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse workforce
- Minimum 3+ years Chevron Experience
- Proven ability to learn new applications to meet business requirements
- Demonstrated strong current performance
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Midland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.