Carrollton, Texas, United States
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Skills: Research & Development, Mechanical Engineering
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Carrollton, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Acts as a project lead by establishing development plans and preparing for design reviews.
- Guides others on engineering tools, test specifications and assesses application of Health, Safety, and Environment techniques during the design process.
- Applies and interprets engineering calculations to obtain design solutions and troubleshoot erroneous results.
- Defines input requirements and develops functional specifications by utilizing basic statistical methods and reliability techniques.
- Contributes to Halliburton's Intellectual Property portfolio by delivering innovative and commercially successful solutions.
- Creates an impactful relationship with Halliburton's technical community, customers, and vendors by proactively collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Participates in professional societies in area of specialization.
- Leads programs by establishing project development plans and approving design documents that follow Health, Safety, and Environment processes.
- Provides engineering guidance and uses advanced engineering techniques to meet complex design criteria.
- Develops custom equations and solutions using various engineering tools.
- Provides recommendations for tests results and assists with complex tests.
- Reviews and assesses appropriate standards, regulations, and specifications for testing and reliability analysis on projects and processes.
- Delivers innovative Intellectual Property recommendations for Halliburton and reviews technical papers.
- Provides technical expertise to meet internal and external customer needs and requirements.
- Promotes and contributes to a cohesive team environment and maintains open lines of communication with all levels of the organization.
- Represents Halliburton in professional societies in area of specialization.
- Expertise in doing Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) with focus on FEA preferred with extensive experience in conducting and interpreting FEA, assessment of mechanical failures, exposure/experience in mechanical design.
- Oilfield experience a plus.
- Skills acquired through the completion of a degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline.
- Minimum educational requirement of a doctoral degree and zero years' experience or a master's degree and two or more years' related experience or a bachelor's degree and four or more years' related experience.
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available, including Sr. R&D Mechanical Engineer, Principal R&D Mechanical Engineer or R&D Mechanical Engineer Advisor.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
2601 Belt Line Rd , Carrollton , Texas , 75006 , United States
Requisition Number: 66303
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Completion Tools
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.