Skills: Safety Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Doha, Doha, Qatar
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This is a permanent residential position based in the main office with occasional visits to Qatar Offshore under Field Operations - Operational Safety.
- Providing ad-hoc support to OIMs to assess and manage Risks (DGS & Integrity Threats), in co-operation with HSE
- Reporting any HSE issues to the Head of Operational Safety.
- Day to day supervising Operational Safety aspects within Field Operations.
- Working closely together with Offshore HSE Superintendents (either on-site or via NOC Operations Centre) and Onshore HSE organization (HSE and other Operational Safety Leads [Drilling & Wells, Engineering & Construction and Logistics]).
Operational and Process Safety Lead must drive the incident free culture in all aspects of the job.
- Focal point to HSE, Drilling & Wells , Engineering & Construction and within Field Operations for operational safety,
- 5 Sites / 9 locations / 33 platforms + 2 FSOs ; around 650 workers permanently offshore.
The Operational and Process Safety Lead assists in implementing HSE policy, promoting a culture of HSE awareness within the field operations entity and providing relevant support to the field operations teams in order to meet HSE objectives and continuously improve HSE performance.
In collaboration with FOPS Head of Operational Safety, the Operational and Process Safety Lead will provide support in:
- Ensuring that current NOC Company Management System (CMS) is properly applied within field operations.
- Coordinating feedback on NOC CMS implementation.
- In cooperation with relevant departments, preparing exemption requests and managing the general implementation and monitoring of exemptions.
- Participating in assessing the HSE performance of field operations contractors.
- Monitoring the overall HSE performance of all field operations contractors.
- Participating in the preparation of SIMultaneous OPerationS (SIMOPS).
- Ensuring that risk assessment and management are carried out on sites of field operations.
- Ensuring that the appropriate technical evaluation is completed by the relevant technically competent persons;
- Ensuring that actions related to downgraded situations are adequately monitored.
- Participating in the Technical Integrity Review Team (TIRT).
- Issuing Scope of Requirements associated with Risks ((DGS & Integrity Threats), if requested;
- Participating in processing Requests For Modifications (RFM).
- Participating in site inspections and HSE audits.
- Participating in HSE site visits and follow up on actions required further to the visits.
- Ensuring that incidents and anomalies are identified, reported, recorded and analyzed as per NOC requirements.
- Leading investigation on process safety incident
- Distributing all HSE alerts, safety feedback notices, and all other useful HSE information within the field operations entity.
Operational and Process Safety Lead will participate in crisis response training and assist during emergency response situations if required;
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or international equivalent
- Minimum 5-10 years' experience in petrochemical, refining, oil/gas exploration or production industries
- Experience in offshore operations, maintenance, project management, commissioning, risk management, audit and assurance. Investigation of both risk and loss management would be an asset.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Experience in a multi-cultural environment
- Experience in Greenfield and Brownfield projects
- Significant knowledge of offshore oil and gas industry operations
- Ability to act as a role model to the company's core values and leadership behaviours
- Ability to engage and manage stakeholders at all levels