This is a permanent residential position based in the main office under Field Operations / Production & Well Performance / Production Improvement.
- Provide Al Shaheen process-control experience, direction and guidance to the NOC operations to maximize production and injection performance.
- Leverages facilities and process control knowledge to maximize production in a wide range of circumstances within the existing or situational safety and capacity constraints.
- Drive continuous process improvement by evaluating the constraints of the existing control systems, identifying best improvement opportunities and delivering those modifications through various route.
- Drive incident free environment through personal commitment to the strong safety culture.
- Contribute to asset integrity by reporting any anomaly observed in the daily monitoring of the plant.
- Ensure that all projects and changes are assessed within safety and operational envelopes.
- Work independently to review control loops and propose/test new parameters or control techniques.
- Where feasible, work with process engineers to develop dynamic models for validation and to explore the effects of disturbances.
- Provide feedback to new greenfield and brownfield projects on proposed control strategies.
- Assist and train operators and others in control loops, tuning, guides etc.
- Develop and maintain documentation for control philosophies, including an up to date list of controllers that operate in manual or in a limited manner.
- Work with offshore / process engineering to better determine the causes for manual / limited operations of control loops and hence
- Present improvement opportunities to the Field Operations Manager for any modification project sanction.
- Coach and support Process and Graduate Process Engineers in the development of system understanding and execution of studies and projects.
- Provide front-line Process Engineering support to Operations; working effectively with Offshore, Onshore Operating Centre, Maintenance and support functions.
- Occasionally represent Field Operations in CPD and Major Project reviews to ensure that fit for purpose future developments are delivered to Operations.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Professional industry body accredited Engineering degree or similar. Eligible for Professional Body registration
- At least 5 years' proven experience in similar operations process control/instrument engineering role in offshore environment
- Active continual professional development profile.
- Fluent in spoken and written English. Proven communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to engage, influence and manage stakeholders at all levels. Ability to influence business decisions.
- Strong networking skills both internally and externally.