Skills: HR - Trainer / Instructor, Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Gladstone Central, Queensland, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Maintenance Trainer Assessor position is a key role in our QGC Asset based in Gladstone. Working together with the Technical Learning Supervisor, Maintenance team, and Shell Australia Learning Team, you will provide learning, and technical assessment support to the Midstream operations.
Some of the key deliverables and responsibilities of this role are:
- Lead the Competency Assurance and Reassurance for Maintenance Technicians and core contractors to comply with all Shell Competence Assurance requirements including Shell group FLBM (Frontline Barrier Management) standards through assessment; scheduling, communicating and conducting any other required training and assessment in line with the Maintenance business plan and staff Individual Development Plans.
- Assist in the on-site management and development of apprentices.
- Develop and/or review standard maintenance specific learning resources including desired performance criteria and assessment requirements.
- Lead the internal validation, coaching and assurance of the assessment process and line assessors to ensure high integrity of competence assurance.
- Identify training needs and learning opportunities using previous experience or gap analysis tools and implement an individual training plan to address learning gap.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders including other Shell Assets to ensure the maintenance learning pathways aligns with the Maintenance team competency requirements.
- Continuous improvement of Learning and Assessment resources.
- Manage and maintain personnel learning and assessment records.
- Schedule, communicate and facilitate any required training and assessment for Engineering Department, Warehouse, and Laboratory.
Your interest in working for Shell Australia is the first step towards a great career that focuses on securing an energy future for generations to come. Shell Australia can offer you a platform from which you can propel your career and work on projects as diverse as the game-changing Prelude FLNG, industry-leading QGC project in Queensland, or our range of upstream exploration and development opportunities. Shell has been in Australia since 1901. Today Shell Australia is focused largely in the upstream sector, especially in the exploration, development and production of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and oil.
The candidate we are seeking for this position, will have/be
- Significant experience in Oil and Gas or a similar Maintenance Trade role (Midstream, Upstream, Downstream or Utilities), specific skill capability including experience in instructing: (Operation Integrity, HSSE, Compressors, Pumps, Valve maintenance, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Diesel Engines, Workshop equipment, Condition Monitoring, Flange management)
- An updated trade qualification for Mechanical or Electrical / Instrumentation Engineering degree and hold relevant high-risk work licenses.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate apprenticeship programmes and provide onsite support.
- Substantial experience as a Trainer and Assessor in a maintenance or technical training field.
- A TAFE Certificate IV - Training Assessment certification is encouraged.
Crucial to the success of this role is the ability to work collaboratively and lead effectively across multi-functional teams and interface with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, based in various locations, whilst maintaining a high work level of work ethic and being able to work autonomously.
If you have these skills, qualifications, the specialist competencies and experience relevant to the petroleum, gas and energy sectors we would love to hear from you.
Aboriginal candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
At Shell we believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We understand that the more diverse the workforce, the wider the variety of ideas we bring to the table. Shell values diversity and offers: flexible work schedules, work and family programs, health and wellness programs, employee networks and mentoring, plus great training and development
The successful candidate should be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video