Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Reliability Engineer
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
ASSET INTEGRITY (MESAIEED OPERATIONS)
SR. RELIABILITY ENGINEER (MECH)
Primary Purpose of Job
• Ensures high level of plant Mechanical equipment reliability by carrying out regular Reliability & Optimization studies and performing failures analysis of systems / equipment. Prepares reports to define reliability problems and recommends solutions/improvements.
• Conducts/leads & facilitate Failure & Root Cause Analysis for Mechanical equipment problems reported through EFR's/Reliability Study Requests. Prepares reports to define reliability problems and recommends solutions/improvements.
• Conducts/leads & facilitate FMEA/FMECA, Criticality & RCM studies for equipment failures and issues reports & recommendations.
• Studies the Technical Query requests raised by operation/maintenance and provides appropriate recommendations.
• Participate with OAO(M) Optimization engineers in conducting maintenance strategy & PM Optimization studies for Mesaieed Operations assets
• Participate with OAO (M) Optimization engineers in conducting risk spares optimization & criticality analysis for Mesaieed Operations assets.
• Participates in HAZOP/HAZID/ study workshops for projects and plant modifications.
• Studies RFES proposals for plant modifications and participates in panel meetings to finalize the recommendations.
• Assists the Assistant Manager Reliability & Optimization in conducting the required studies to develop the Department strategies, policies, budget, short term and long term programs. Provides engineering guidance and manages troubleshooting/investigation of the complex equipment problems.
• Provides the necessary technical assistance to the Assistant Managers within Asset Integrity Department and Mesaieed Operations Groups.
• Qualification: BSc in Mechanical Engineering
Experience & Skills
• Minimum of seven (7) years experience in the field of Reliability Engineering
• Minimum of five (5) years experience in design, procurement, installation, commissioning and maintenance of plant Mechanical equipment in oil / petrochemical industries
• Minimum of (5) years experience as plant maintenance mechanical engineer in an oil & gas environment.
• Hands on Experience and knowledge in all the Reliability approached required to determine optimum maintenance strategies.
• Excellent experience and knowledge in assets performance management systems.
• Excellent experience and knowledge in Maintenance strategies & PM optimization.
• Deep experience and knowledge about Chemical plants processes with good experience in improving systems uptime & plant availability.
• Hands on Experience & excellent knowledge in Reliability techniques and tools that includes:FCA / ECA (Functional Criticality Analysis / Equipment Criticality Analysis) FMEA (Failure Mode & Effect Analysis) RCM (Reliability Centred Maintenance) RCFA (Root Cause Failure Analysis )PM optimization RAM analysis, reliability modelling & simulations
• Preferred to have an international Reliability Certification• Appropriate expertise in using computer features to perform different technical and reliability studies/analysis.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa
Qatar Petroleum is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.