Skills: Production Operator
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Pasir Gudang, Johor, Malaysia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Lead Operator located in Pasir Gudang, Johor /Malaysia through December 17, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Requisition ID# 396701
Responsible for Operations & Transportation, processes, systems and metrics in the following areas: Incident Free Operation, Strategic System Rationalization, External Customer Satisfaction, Support Service Management, Business Partner Alignment, Continuous Efficiency Improvement and Organizational Capability.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Drive and motivate incident free operation.
- Executes the following operational activities and comply with Operational Excellence (OE)/ Health, Environment and Safety (HES) policies, standards and procedures:
- Tank Truck Loading
- Marine vessel loading
- Marine Receipt (& Inter tank Transfer)
- PME Receipt & Storage
- Additive receipt and Storage
- Supervise and coordinate the implementation of planned/unplanned maintenance activities such as but not limited to fire and safety equipment, pipeline, tank truck loading rack, storage tank, jetty head, dolphins and its associated marine structure, boat landing area, marine loading arms, valves, forklift, environmental protection equipment, emergency response equipment, tank gauging facilities, office building, calibration of equipment, critical equipment such as product pumps.
- Carry out routine (daily, weekly and monthly) inspection on terminal facilities to maintain good house-keeping. Submit maintenance report for Terminal Manager Review.
- Ensure Safe Work Practices are adhering to. Issue Work Permit for activity performs by contractor. Perform bump test on Gas Detector.
- Actively participate in Safety Meetings, Stand Downs, Loss Prevention System (LPS), Loss Prevention System Observations (LPOs) and Job Loss Analyses (JSAs).
- Participate in all training and utilize learned skills, provide supervision and coaching to Operator in the fulfillment of day to day activities and provides liaison with Terminal Leadership.
- Lead near loss incident, loss incident or loss investigation at the terminal and ensure agreed corrective actions are completed in timely manner.
- Perform the duty of On Scene Commander for emergency response on any drill or incident such as fire, spill, security and MVC.
- Act as Marine Facility Security Officer for carry out the role of security officer under ISPS requirement.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Senior Lead Operator, Operations Supervisor and Terminal Manager
- Diploma or Degree in any technical discipline
- Minimum 1 to 2 years' work experience in oil terminal and transportation operations preferably in petrochemical industry
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Computer literate
- Ability to engage and build working relationships within the team
- Willing to work on a 3-shift cycle which operates on 24/7
Relocation will be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.