Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Skills: Rig Electrician
Other Skills: Top Drive Experience
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee
Location: Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Australia & Oceania
Ensign Drilling - Australia is seeking to recruit hard working and highly motivated individuals to work within our Queensland & South Australian Drilling Rig operations. As a leader in oil field services across the globe, you will directly benefit from our latest technology where you can grow your skills. This opportunity will provide you with rewarding challenges within the Onshore Oil and Gas Industry in Australia.
To apply for these positions we require previous FIFO onshore oil and gas experience for position applied for. Applicants also require to hold a valid & current Australian Driver's license and have preferred work rights in Australia.
All successful applicants will require to undergo a full functional assessment and undertake a drug and alcohol test as part of the recruitment process.
RIG ELECTRICIAN RESPONSIBLITIES INCLUDE:
• Responsible for all electrical systems on the drilling rig and camp facility in accordance with legislative standards.
• Ensures that all electrical systems, plant and equipment are safe and complies with relevant standards and codes
• Adopt Company preventive maintenance system to contract.
• Proved instruction and supervision to electrical maintenance support staff.
• Contributes proactively to maintenance programs and targets.
• Maintain inventory of spare parts and emergency spares.
• Manage inspection and re-certification of critical components as per contract.
• Provide hands-on refurbishment of Company owned equipment.
• Provide technical support as required to ensure uninterrupted filed activities.
• Establishes correctly isolating procedures for the safe maintenance of plant and equipment and ensures that all relevant personnel are aware of these practices and procedures.
• Provide written reports as required, including but not limited to: Hand over notes, Day logs, After Action Reviews, SOP's, JSA's, Critical Spares, Hazardous Area Verification Dossiers, Test Reports etc.
• Assist with maintenance shut downs and upgrade programs when required.
TOP DRIVE ELECTRICIAN RESPONSIBLITIES INCLUDE:
• Apply the preventive maintenance system.
• Monitor the Top Drive systems on a daily basis including communicating with the Driller regularly.
• Conduct the daily rig service of the Top Drive in conjunction with the Tool Pusher on shift.
• Ensure the daily maintenance is to a satisfactory level within operational constraints.
• Maintain an inventory of critical & non critical spare parts.
• Manage inspection and re-certification of critical components including the load path and swivel, either integrated or non-integrated.
• Apply the highest level of job ownership and dedication toward maintaining the Top Drive in operational status.
• Rig in and Rig out Top Drive efficiently.
• Establish plans and procedures for the safe maintenance of the Top Drive and equipment, and ensure that the relevant personnel follow these plans and procedures.
• Report directly to the Rig Managers on all aspects of Top Drive related issues.
• Previous Industry Experience
• SCR Drive Systems
• AC Drive Systems
• PLC systems
• Able to interpret electrical drawings and schematics
• Power generation systems
• Commercial and industrial electrical installation
• Air Conditioning experience
Successful applicants must be willing to provide a current police clearance and undertake functional medical testing to ensure they can meet the physical demands of the Rig Electrician position.
Strong coordination, time management, verbal and written communication skills, critical thinking skills are essential.
Intermediate Computer literacy and basic knowledge of MS Office required.
QUALIFICATIONS desired but not essential:
• Electrician Trade Certificate (essential)
• Current, unrestricted Manual Driver's License (essential)
• Provide First Aid and CPR
• Hazardous Area Electrical Training
• Low Voltage Rescue
• Wellsite Permit to Work Rev 3 Training
• Operate Vehicles in the Field 4 x 4 Training
• Industry Safety / Drilling and Completions General Induction
• Confined Space Training
• Breathing Apparatus Training
• Gas Test Atmospheres Training
Ensign is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace the diversity of our people and flexible working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we serve.
Women and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Heritage are encouraged to apply.
We appreciate your application with us, however please note that only applicants selected for interview will be contacted. All other applications will be kept on file for future opportunities.