Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Programming & Database
Experience: 9 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
SR. SYSTEMS ENGR (PETROTECHNICAL SOL)
Primary Purpose of Job
The Senior System Engineer (Petrotechnical Solutions) develops and manages Programs, Projects and Services related to Subsurface Solutions as an enabler for achieving QP's business objectives by identifying, analysing, and evaluating business and IT requirements and contributes to geoscience subsurface technology advancements, business continuity and IT asset lifecycle optimisation.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Petroleum or equivalent.
• Minimum 9 years of progressive and directly related experience.
Experience & Skills
• International certifications in Project Management (PMP) / IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) / Information Security Management (ISM) are preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of geoscience subsurface technologies and related ICT infrastructure platforms.
• Experience in managing and executing multiple high value Geoscience subsurface and Technical IT projects and services for oil and gas organizations, through contracts and/or internal resources, on time and within budget.
• Experience in negotiating, establishing and managing partnerships, contracts and agreements with internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong persuasion, analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and communicate with a multi-cultural and multi-national workforce, excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to communicate concepts as appropriate to management, customers, contractors, and staff.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa
Qatar Petroleum is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.