Skills: Operations Management
Other Skills: Operator, Power Plant
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Islands
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Operate and control power plant production processes. Requires the following abilities:
- Knowledge and ability to adjust controls to generate specified electrical power and/or to regulate the flow of power between power generating station and line-end destination
- Control and maintain auxiliary equipment, such as pumps, fans, compressors, condensers, feed-water heaters/coolers, filters, to supply water, fuel, lubricants, air, and auxiliary power
- Control generator output to match the phase, frequency, and voltage of electricity supplied to switchgear
- Monitor and inspect power plant equipment and indicators to detect evidence of operating problems
- Operate or control power generating equipment including diesel engines, generators, and medium-voltage switchgear, using control boards or semi-automatic equipment
- Place standby emergency electrical generators on line in emergencies and monitor the temperature, output, and lubrication of the system
- Start or stop generators, auxiliary pumping equipment, engines, and other power plant equipment, and connect or disconnect equipment from circuits
- Take readings from meters and gauges at established intervals, establish base-line operational records for assigned shift
- Inspect records and log book entries, and communicate with other plant personnel, in order to assess equipment operating status
- Receive outage calls and call in necessary personnel during power outages and emergencies
- Record and compile operational data, completing and maintaining forms, logs, and reports
- Position requires 7-10 years' experience in power plant/industrial maintenance operations.
- Position requires knowledge of all applicable safe working practices for power plant/industrial operations.
- Individual must be able to perform required duties, and wear and utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Individual must be able to lift/move 45 lbs without assistance and up to 130 lbs with assistance.
- Individual must be physically capable of performing the work in extreme temperatures, low humidity, blowing sand and dust.
- Individual may be required to work extended hours, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Job may require operating at heights above ten (10) feet but not more than thirty (30) feet.
AIM World Services is an equal opportunity employer
AIM is an industry leading talent acquisition and workforce solutions organization which provides global workforce solutions to the Energy, Infrastructure & Transportation, Natural Resources, Information Technology and Government market sectors.
As part of our Talent Acquisition and Global Workforce Solutions business, we are able to provide technical contract or direct hire personnel to our clients in Canada, United States, Middle East and Africa. Disciplines include:
•Engineering & Design
•Completions & Commissioning
•Operations & Maintenance
•Information Management and Technology
•Crafts and Trades
Please visit us at www.aimworldservices.com