Operate and control power plant production processes. Requires the following abilities:
- Knowledge and ability to adjust controls to generate specified electrical power and/or to regulate the flow of power between power generating station and line-end destination
- Control and maintain auxiliary equipment, such as pumps, fans, compressors, condensers, feed-water heaters/coolers, filters, to supply water, fuel, lubricants, air, and auxiliary power
- Control generator output to match the phase, frequency, and voltage of electricity supplied to switchgear
- Monitor and inspect power plant equipment and indicators to detect evidence of operating problems
- Operate or control power generating equipment including diesel engines, generators, and medium-voltage switchgear, using control boards or semi-automatic equipment
- Place standby emergency electrical generators on line in emergencies and monitor the temperature, output, and lubrication of the system
- Start or stop generators, auxiliary pumping equipment, engines, and other power plant equipment, and connect or disconnect equipment from circuits
- Take readings from meters and gauges at established intervals, establish base-line operational records for assigned shift
- Inspect records and log book entries, and communicate with other plant personnel, in order to assess equipment operating status
- Receive outage calls and call in necessary personnel during power outages and emergencies
- Record and compile operational data, completing and maintaining forms, logs, and reports
- Position requires 7-10 years' experience in power plant/industrial maintenance operations.
- Position requires knowledge of all applicable safe working practices for power plant/industrial operations.
- Individual must be able to perform required duties, and wear and utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Individual must be able to lift/move 45 lbs without assistance and up to 130 lbs with assistance.
- Individual must be physically capable of performing the work in extreme temperatures, low humidity, blowing sand and dust.
- Individual may be required to work extended hours, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Job may require operating at heights above ten (10) feet but not more than thirty (30) feet.
AIM World Services is an equal opportunity employer