Job Description Your responsibilities:
- Lead the construction management team
- Manage and supervise multidisciplinary projects from planning and construction up to the implementation phase
- Deliver construction management support and advise to the refinery's project teams on constructability, lay-out-planning and contract management
- Lead and supervise contractors and third-parties, this also includes claims management
- Ensure that all construction activities are planned and executed in adherence with German legislation as well as in accordance with Shell guidelines and specifications
At Shell Germany, our drive is to employ world-class individuals. We employ 3,500 people whose careers have benefitted from our industry-leading career development programme and unrivalled inhouse access to local and global experts. We are active in many areas such as Gas, Gas Marketing, Manufacturing & Distribution of oil products, Petrochemicals as well as Research & Development. Shell in Germany is one of the biggest retailers of energy products and one of the largest refinery operators. Our extensive R&D facilities in Hamburg allow us to offer a broad range of expertise on Retail Fuels, Lubes, and Marine, Power and Engine Vehicle Technology. Shell began operations in Germany in 1902.Requirements Your profile:
- University degree in mechanical, process or civil engineering or a similar discipline
- Several years of professional experience in construction management in a manufacturing environment, ideally within the petrochemical industry
- Experience in leading multidisciplinary project teams
- Thorough knowledge of German legislation on construction management (Baustellenverordnung BaustellV, Regeln zum Arbeitsschutz auf Baustellen RAB, Berufsgenossenschaftliche Vorschriften BGV)
- Result-orientation, flexibility as well as the ability to work in a complex, rapidly changing multi-disciplinary and multi-layered environment
- Fluency in written and spoken German and English
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.