Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Progress Resources USA Ltd (PRUL) is part of the PETRONAS Group of Companies, a Fortune 500 integrated oil and gas company. PRUL is engaged in the business of, amongst others, exploration, exploitation, development, production, procurement, processing, transportation, storage, refining, and any form of utilization of crude oil and natural gas onshore in the contiguous United States. With the unlocking of Unconventional reservoirs in the onshore US Lower 48 states, coupled with the entrepreneurial spirit of the US energy industry in driving drilling and completion cost efficiencies, the L48 have become one of the most attractive oil and gas plays globally. These L48 Unconventional plays provide an attractive opportunity for PRUL. PRUL has identified the main Unconventional basins of interest and intends to build a business in the US via a series of joint ventures and/or acquisitions in these areas.
- Execute and implement the full spectrum and overall finance, accounting and tax function to ensure compliance to all operation and partnership agreement (where applicable), US Federal and State government regulations and PRUL's internal governance and policies as well as PETRONAS Group's policies as a whole.
- Execute the monthly/quarterly/year-end closing covering internal, statutory as well as head office reporting including preparing the necessary reconciliation including dealing with the auditors of the company.
- Develop and consolidate Work Program Budget and annual Corporate Plan & Budget including executing the funding requirements for PRUL.
- Execute and implement the provision of financial & accounting services including development of Limit of Authority (including regular update and review), maintaining and terms negotiation with banks for bank accounts and other banking facilities, setting-up of financial accounting system, processing of payments of vendors and suppliers, capturing of charges/allocated costs, account closing activities, and preparation and submission of statutory financial statements and government's requirements and the terms of the Oil & Gas Contract / Partnership Agreement (where applicable).
- Prepare and implement financial reporting and financial performance review for further review and validation to facilitate management deliberation to gauge the company performance and standard against other international upstream ventures of PETRONAS Group and competitors in the local industry. Prepare the monthly reporting packages for head office consolidation and reporting, financial board paper / circular resolutions for Board of Directors (where necessary), and to address any queries thereto.
- Validate and analyse the reasonableness and completeness of tax computations through collaboration with external tax consultants and propose recommendations to resolve any discrepancies for submission of tax estimates and computations to the relevant tax authorities (Federal and state level) in conformance to tax laws, regulations and standards and recommend most tax efficient mode of operation vis-à-vis existing tax law and treaties. Advise and assist CFO on any tax related and compliance matter and to keep abreast on any changes and/or any additional requirement by authorities.
- Provide input and support on commercial, financial and accounting matters pertaining to the Lease Contracts, Joint Operating Agreement or any other petroleum arrangement to the venture/project teams and management including highlighting and propose recommendations.
- Facilitate and assist CFO on any admin task / general procurement / negotiation of contracts terms and other adhoc tasks as requested by the management.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Preferably possess professional qualification in accounting such as American Institute of CPAs (AICPA), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (ICAEW)
- Familiar with US GAAP / IFRS
- Familiar with US Federal and state tax law and regulations
- At least 4 to 6 years of total experience in reputable accounting firm and/or commercial sector (or a combination). Experience in tax department of reputable accounting firm and/or oil and gas industry will have an added advantage.
Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS) is Malaysia’s fully integrated oil and gas multinational ranked among the largest corporations on FORTUNE Global 500.
Operating our core business in the Upstream and Downstream sectors, we are present in more than 65 countries since first incorporated in 1974. We are among the top five oil and gas companies (in terms of production) and the most profitable company in Asia.
We steadily drive for new solutions and continue pushing boundaries to manage new realities and add value to oil and gas resources in a manner that carefully balances commercial, environmental and social considerations.
Petronas is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.