Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Are you passionate about designing and prototyping solutions that deliver amazing customer experiences? Do you love the idea of solving a new business, technical problem every other day? Do you enjoy learning new and emerging technologies? Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented, energetic individual with excellent communication skills who is not afraid to think outside the box and question assumptions. In this role, you will be part of a fast growing, cohesive team with many exciting responsibilities related to cloud application development.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- 10+ years of experience in the software industry
- Expertise in modern cloud solution architecture, design, development
- Guru software engineer, with experience or familiarity with server/client side JS, Angular, Go, Java, Scala.
- Experience with Cloud technology, preferably Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and technical troubleshooting
- Expert knowledge of concurrency, scalability, security, fault tolerant designs and reactive messaging patterns.
- Knowledge of Domain Driven Design practices.
- Knowledge of modern architectural patterns such as Command Query Responsibility Segregation (CQRS) and Event Sourcing (ES)
- Solid knowledge of RESTful API design and asynchronous and concurrent systems
- Solid knowledge of application development lifecycle and agile methodologies
- Experience with continuous integration, continuous deployment and relevant toolsets
- Experience with testing strategies (unit, service, e2e) and corresponding frameworks
- Keen eye for detail and stubborn resolve to drive to high quality deliverables
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Git and Subversion
- Must be able to brainstorm and communicate technology ideas and issues with peers
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional team on high profile, critical projects
- Ability to mentor team members
- Willingness to share expertise internally and externally
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's in Engineering or Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of related experience.
Lead design, development, implementation and maintenance of Cloud solutions demonstrating service-oriented architecture and secure applications development technology best practices. Work with project managers and technical teams in a cross-functional environment, to implement quality products that meet business goals. Keep up-to date on latest Cloud solutions to generate innovative ideas to solve business challenges.
Pune Technology Center (PuTC)
Schlumberger is leading a digital transformation of the oil and gas industry to enhance real-time global collaboration, operational efficiency, and the integration of data, expertise, and technology information. Our technology services and solutions translate acquired data into useful information that improves decision-making-anytime, anywhere. Our refreshing approach to information technology offers enormous opportunities to enhance efficiency and productivity in our industry. Throughout, we maintain agile methodology and skilled development processes.
Currently, Schlumberger has the fifth largest super computer infrastructure in the world, comprising more than 65 petaflops of processing power. In Pune we have been growing fast and if you have talent and expertise then you may be looking at a challenging and fulfilling career at Schlumberger. Keeping pace with and applying the latest digital technology trends in the oil and gas industry is the main focus of who we are.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.