Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
The purpose of the Engineer position is to assist with the timely provision of part numbers, BOMS and drawing calculations for the engineering department.
- Create manufacturing drawings for machining parts.
- Read and interpret customer specification and provide technical information to meet the customer's requirements and Company commitments.
- Provision of customer specific designs based on standard products.
- Create part numbers and bills of materials on Syteline
- Assist with others activities to ensure the smooth running of the Engineering/QA department.
- Other duties, as requested.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Technical Director
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Experience in similar piping or Oil & Gas field
- AutoCAD Inventor
- Good knowledge of material specifications
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Experience of clamp connectors
- Knowledge of Grayloc catalogue
- Knowledge of projects and licence agreement drawings
- Knowledge of different levels of material certification
- Strong customer focus
- Contract review
- Excellent communication skills - oral and written
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Time Management
- Ability to write reports and design calculations
- Knowledge of ASME or API design codes for piping and pressure vessels
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Flexible working approach
- Team Worker
- Highly motivated
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.