Carlsbad, New Mexico, United States
Carlsbad, New Mexico, United States
Skills: Field Comm / SCADA, Field Service Tech
Other Skills: Instrumentation Technician, Calibrations, RTUs, Portable Gas Chromatographs, Instrument Calibration, Modbus, Transmitters, Meter Run Installation, Radios, Supervisory/Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Competitive compensation based upon experience level and capabilities. Eagle Automation provides a competitive benefit package including health insurance, 401K matching plan, life insurance, vacation, sick and holiday pay.
Location: Carlsbad, New Mexico, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Eagle Automation is a premier oil and gas automation and measurement provider. At Eagle we strive to provide a complete solution to meet all of our customers' automation, measurement, and electrical needs. Founded in 2000, Eagle has rapidly grown to seven locations, spanning from Texas to Wyoming. The deep talent of our team combines technical expertise with a wide variety of product and services to solve some of our customers' largest challenges. At Eagle we are looking for dedicated employees. We pride ourselves on being a safe, ethical, and customer focused organization. We work with our employees to help them achieve their professional goals by providing them with challenging and meaningful work in an environment where they will continuously learn. We are a rapidly growing organization with endless potential for career growth.
Eagle Automation has an opening for a Lead Measurement Technician to expand our efforts in the fast paced, and growing oil and gas market in the Permian Basin of West Texas and South-East New Mexico. This position will be based out of our new office in Carlsbad, NM. The candidate will be responsible for managing and executing measurement projects, meter run installs, calibrations, automated valves, gas sampling, call-outs, collections, troubleshooting and communicating with customers. The ideal candidate would be a self-starter, organized, reliable, have previous planning and scheduling experience, and is capable of adapting quickly across job functions and responsibilities. We are looking for a candidate that wants to grow and advance within our business.
Ideal candidate would have experience in the following:
- Oversee, plan and coordinate work activities to ensure safe and reliable service
- Supervise and manage in-house technicians, work to develop team members providing feedback and coaching
- Communicate with customers, visit customer and work sites - balancing your time in the office and in the field.
- Ensure that work is performed in accordance with appropriate Company standards and work methods including monitoring for a high quality of workmanship and productivity.
- Ability connect to and navigate RTU interfaces (Fisher ROC, ABB TotalFlow, Kimray)
- Experience with valve control/measurement applications
- Calibration of pressure transmitters, multi-variable transmitters (absolute and gauge), tank level transmitters, liquid measurement transmitters, thermocouples.
- Experience with meter runs, separators, tanks, well heads, and how to optimize production on a well.
- Previous experience with electrical circuits, use of a multi-meter, ability to check voltages and troubleshoot advanced DC circuits.
- Ability to use a portable Gas Chromatograph to pull gas samples.
- General knowledge of PLC's and basic programming.
- Experience with Coriolis meters, Ultra Sonic meters, H2O analyzers, and O2 analyzers.
- Ability to inspect meter runs and re-build senior fittings
At least 5 years of supervisory experience is preferred. A minimum of 5 years of experience as a measurement technician in an oil and gas envirnment is required. 2-year associates degree in Industrial Electrical/Electronics, Instrumentation, or Process Controls is preferred.
Eagle Automation provides ongoing hands-on equipment training and personal development plans