The Position Title focuses on the LNG Export project at site, including the Plant, Pipeline, and Compressors. The role is characterized by:
- Monitor/verify Company and EPC site safety, health and security management systems and plans are being fully implemented (eg. Total Hurt, Life Saving Actions, IIF)
- Promote company and EPC SSH management systems in the field
- Provide SSH field support to the project construction team with tools and technical expertise
- Provide real-time expert SSH services to field personnel
- Support Safety, Security & Health alignment between EPC and PT
- Ensure SSH metrics are recorded and reported in a timely fashion
- Support the Safety Health Security Lead as directed
- Provide guidance and coaching to Site Area Safety Advisors who will be assigned specific areas to patrol:
- Site preparation/piling/Train 1/3
- Temporary Facilities/Laydown/Offsites/Logistics/Pipeline
- Marine (construction/transport/diving/marsh)
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- General Project Security, Health and Safety coverage
Responsibilities of the Position Title shall include the following:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Provide leadership and coordination of Site Area Safety Advisors.
- Coordinate and with field supervision for work site inspections
- Assist on field SSH audits and follow up on action items
- Initiate and coordinate investigations of GPX SSH incidents, Root Cause Analysis and significant near misses and participate in investigations of EPC Contractor SSHE incidents
- Support Person In Charge (PIC) on incident notification, reporting and management
- Participate in and assess effectiveness of SSHE meetings and JSA's and/other pre-job safety reviews
- Monitor Safety metrics for performance trends and work with EPC to identify/implement mitigations as required
- Provide SSHE performance stewardship to
- Coordinate and assist the Site SSHE Steering Teams
- Coach and mentor Site Personnel / Contractor Safety Advisors and champion the SSHE systems/procedures
- Have good experience in project construction and supervision
- Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years experience supervising project construction activities, preferably related to oil and gas construction and/or a FERC regulated project
- Subject matter expertise in one or more of the LSA activities desired: Energy Isolation, Breaking Containment, Critical Devices, Hot Work, Working at Height, Confined Space Entry, Lifting and Hoisting, Working near moving equipment, Excavation, Diving
- Good knowledge of safety processes and procedures (pre-job safety planning, observation and intervention programs etc.)
- Candidates should have good interpersonal skills, supervisory/organizational talents, and proven ability to work in a positive team manner, attitude / commitment towards achieving project objective
- Self-confidence to instruct EPC contractors/project workers regarding SSH performance and regulatory compliance implementation requirements
- Fluent (at a technical level) in English
- Safety, Health, Security processes and tool knowledge
- Adaptable to changing priorities and independent problem solver.
- High attention to detail with strong organizational skills to ensure data/report accuracy.
- Incident investigation skills - Taproot or equivalent.
- Proficient with computers and in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint for reporting.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.