Skills: Field Service Tech, Mechanical Technician
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Cameron Surface Systems currently have an exciting opportunity for Installation Technicians to join the team in Aberdeen. The Installation Technicians' main responsibilities will be to install, commission, maintain, retrieve and where authorised, repair Cameron Surface Products as well as ancillary equipment according to company and client procedures as well as to undertake activities in an onshore and/or offshore capacity, as required.
Roles and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Investigate and diagnose any deficiency which may impede efficient installation and take the appropriate corrective action to resolve the situation.
- Provide the customer's representative with sufficient information and guidance to ensure safe and correct task completion.
- Review procedures and drawings of equipment on a regular basis; carry out pre- use inspection of equipment (visual and written) by procedure. Undertake pre-task safety survey and necessary toolbox/site talks with client prior to equipment being used.
- Decommission and/or rig down and organise shipping of test equipment, spares or any excess equipment back to the facility.
- Carry out all work in strict adherence to company procedures.
- Document non-conformances in the field via the QUEST reporting system.
- Attend and participate in System Integration Testing (SIT) / Site Receipt Testing (SRT).
- Liaise with customer and provide on-site feedback pertinent to the task.
- Complete Field Service Orders (FSO) and Competence Checklists before demobilisation and ensure that the customer has reviewed and signed the FSO/Competence Checklists applicable to the task.
- Provide accurate maintenance and spares usage feedback throughout task.
- Assist with training and competence development of Personnel as required both onshore and offshore. Ensure Health, Safety, and Security & Environmental procedures are adhered to.
- Good Mechanical engineering skills, mechanical aptitude (ability to diagnose problems, and fix them).
- Positive customer facing attitude.
- High level of confidence.
- Mechanical Apprenticeship leading to SVQ level 3 OR HND/HNC level or relevant experience.
- Report writing skills are essential.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills.
- PC skills to include MS Office - Word and Excel.
- Relevant offshore experience.
- Flexibility and ability to travel to and work in remote areas if required.
- Valid Driving License
- Valid Passport
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.