Skills: Commercial Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Stockton-on-Tees, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
WorleyParsons are currently recruiting for a Project Controls Manager for an initial period of 12 months based in Lagos, Nigeria.
To manage all aspects of Planning, Cost Management, Document Control. Including techniques, systems, Processes in order to provide the company with an efficient and professional project controls capability. This role demands the leadership ability to cascade vision, objectives, and goals within the Project Controls function including supplying support, mentoring and development of Project Services staff
- Provide clear definition of the objectives of Project Services.
- Ensure that Project Controls techniques and practices within WorleyParsons are compatible with specific types of contract work - in particular the differing demands of separate business streams - and that staff are trained adequately in these differences.
- To read, understand and implement the Company Safety Policy and the arrangements described in the Company and area Safety Management System documents in relation to the Project Control function.
- Implement Planning techniques on the project which address the above objectives.
- Ensure that all techniques are supported by adequate computerised systems which are designed and applied in an efficient and user-friendly fashion.
- Ensure that all job requirements, techniques and systems are properly documented in terms of Job Descriptions, Job Specifications, Departmental Procedures and User Manuals.
- Ensure that all Project Services disciplines are aligned with company procedures.
- Ensure efficient interfaces with Planning / Scheduling, Cost Estimating, Cost Control, Procurement and Document Control functions and maintain good communications with these related Departments.Ensure effective measuring and reporting of performance of the project
- Carry out regular reviews of Project Controls practices/quality to ensure that Project Controls objectives are being met.Carry out / assist with periodic risk analysis of the schedule if required.
- Assist with assigning of qualified, experienced and competent Project Controls staff across the project.
- Carry out periodic appraisals of Project Controlss staff performance and discuss/agree individual development plans where required
- Contribute as necessary to Corporate development in order to enhance the overall performance of the Company
- Contribute as necessary to general Project Controls objectives and co-operate as required with the other Project Controls disciplines
- Degree in relative subject
- APM Level D qualification
- Primavera P6 106
- Recognised O&G discipline background.
- Fully conversant with Project Management Systems with extensive knowledge of project scheduling in the offshore brownfield environment
- Knowledge of WorleyParsons Integrated Delivery Modules including CTRm, JMS, PAMMS, Fusion and Construction reporting tools
- IT Literate (Excel / Word / Powerpoint etc) with experience in Completions Management Databases.
- Chartered Engineer
- Member of a Professional Institution
- Demonstrate management skill in Engineering Construction Industry
- Evidence of leading a team within a Project Controls Discipline
- Supervision of multi-project teams
- Evidence of working within Project Controls of major petrochemical or offshore projects
- Demonstrate skill relating to planning & probabilistic Risk analysis Methods
- Must have demonstrable skill in supervision of teams of people and must be able to demonstrate their ability create effective teams
- The ability to influence others and make business decisions
- As the role has extensive client liaison smart appearance and be ability to communicate with all levels up to top management are a must.
- Evident success in preparing and delivering presentations in a formal setting
- An established logical approach to Project Control needs, must be able, at all times, to keep the basic objectives in sight.
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the requirements of the function in relation to the overall goals and objectives of the company
- Superior presentation skills
- Superior communication skills
- Superior mentoring and personnel development skills
- Superior leadership and supervision skills
- Computer literate (MS Office Suite)
- Working knowledge of some of the currently available Project Controls software i.e. Primavera P6, Ecosys, varying Electronic Document management Systems
- Project services support to the offshore Brownfield environment