Skills: Rig Manager
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: To define
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
With over 125 years of experience, KCA Deutag is one of the world's leading drilling and engineering contractors working onshore and offshore with a focus on safety, quality and operational performance. We operate approximately 100 drilling rigs in over 20 countries employing more than 8000 people in Africa, Europe, Russia, the Middle East, the Caspian Sea, South East Asia and The Americas.
Who We Are Looking For
- Manage the operations assigned to them and ensure that they meet contractual quality and performance criteria.
- Supervise those to whom they delegate responsibility, and to ensure the effective operation of supporting services under their control or provided by departments within the Group.
- Ensure that all well programmes are executed properly, efficiently, safely and in accordance with Group, Client and Health & Safety Executive guidelines.
- Liaise at all times with their Operations Manager/Country Manager on all key issues in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Conduct technical appraisals of drilling and workover programmes, ensuring that any improvements, concerns or remedial actions required, are brought to the attention of the client.
- Provide advice and guidance to their Senior Offshore Rig Supervision.
- Ensure accurate recording and reporting of all problem events including accidents/incidents.
- Take an active role in pre-spud and end-of-well meetings, ensuring that complete reporting is undertaken and that all learning points are brought to the attention of the Operations Manager/Country Manager and the client.
- Ensure the rigs are maintained in accordance with Industry standards and that all mandatory and other Operating Certificates are maintained up to date.
- Advise management on matters affecting the interpretation of the contracts affecting rigs under their control and to deal with day-to-day contractual matters as directed.
- Review the performance evaluation of the personnel on the rig in terms of contracted requirements.
- Liaise and support Offshore Supervisors in terms of human resource utilisation and development.
- Initiate investigations and remedial actions on equipment, structural or system failures affecting the installations under his authority.
- Ensure the timely requisition of all materials, equipment and services to the correct specification for the execution of well operations.
- Ensure control and effective tracking of Group moveable assets assigned to the installations.
Key Skills & Experience
Leadership and Management
- Conflict resolution
- Decision making
- Strategic thinking
- Critical thinking
- Data analysis
- Trouble shooting
- Meeting deadlines
- Project management
- Time management
- Proven experience (office and field based) advising or working at a supervisory level in drilling operations. E.g. Rig Superintendent, Drilling Engineer, DSV.
- Understanding of drilling and completion design/implementation/equipment including that provided by service companies. E.g. Wireline, logging, coiled tubing, fluids, casing, cementing, directional drilling and MWD/LWD etc.
- Experience in working with and supervising diverse teams of people in a safety critical environment.
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay & Benefits package
- Structured Training, Development & Career Progression
- Global Opportunities
Please note that if your legal right to work in the UK is subject to special conditions or if you're not currently entitled to work in the UK then you will need to specify these in your application cover letter or CV.
About KCA Deutag
KCA Deutag is currently the drilling contractor on approximately 40 offshore platforms worldwide. The company also owns and operates a fleet of approximately 60 land drilling rigs. Our six Core Values define 'the KCA Deutag way' and are underpinned by our Policies, Standards and Procedures. They help guide our business approach and culture and our people in working safely, effectively and ethically across our operations.