Reporting to the Head - Drilling Operations this role will lead the Well site Representatives of Drilling & Completions in supporting the implementation and execution of offshore development and exploration wells as the person accountable for assuring that planning and scheduling of work delivers an integrated plan which takes account of resources and the appropriate time period for the safe completion of the well work. The unit Lead rig operations is expected to be involved in critical operations, owning decisions for rig-site operations, and is responsible for execution of rig and well work programs in compliance with regulations and in conformance with Reliance standards.
Job Accountabilities (duties and responsibilities).
- Represent RIL at the rig site and be accountable for all the operations. Lead the team of RIL Supervisors.
- Delivering the required Deepwater wells for the project including development, appraisal, exploration, and monitoring wells.
- Evaluates rig team recommendations and/or options on critical decisions, discuss with Head Rig Operations and operations engineer to make final decisions within scope of authority, and assures implementation of any program/procedure changes follow appropriate agreed MOC process. Work with the rig team to assure personal, well control and process safety are foremost in the work culture
- Manage the Well site Reps & D&C Field supervisors
- Provide input into the rig schedule including rig capabilities, recommended move order, and assisting with contracting or releasing rigs as required
- Provide guidance and direction on problem wells with severe lost returns, stuck pipe, etc.
- Assist and provide guidance to the engineering team as they evaluate, and award contracts for all drilling support services and materials
- Review and recommend cost estimates as required. Assist and provide guidance to the engineering team as they evaluate, and award contracts for all drilling support services and materials
- From time to time, may go on-site to consult with drilling personnel regarding wellbore position and other issues related to well planning, drilling engineering, or operations.
- Use performance reports and data to drive continuous improvement in all areas including HSE, cost, time, well quality
- Attend and drive regular service quality meetings with vendors to ensure alignment and resolve issues
- Assist and mentor engineering team in operational and performance areas
- Ensure that wells are drilled in a safe, innovative, cost effective, and environmentally responsible manner in accordance with all applicable regulations
- Ensuring that well operations are documented in a timely/accurate fashion and that lessons learned are incorporated rapidly into subsequent operations
- Drive appropriate risk assessments, third-party contractor audits, after-action reviews and lessons learned sessions
- Provide safety leadership through the mentoring and active coaching of Wellsite Representatives
Skills Required (Knowledge and Skills)
- Must have a valid IWCF certificate and other offshore safety certifications.
- Atleast 10-12 years of drilling experience and 3 years as a tool pusher / Sr. Drilling Supervisor.
Key Attributes (Experience and Qualifications)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 15 years in drilling & completions. International experience in Deepwater Operations is required.