Skills: Construction Manager
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
CONSTRUCTION/PROJECT MANAGER POSITION
*FULL TIME POSITION WITH BONUSES. WILLING TO PAY FOR RELOCATION UP TO 20K*
Looking for a Construction/Project Manager to be based out of our terminal in Portland, Oregon. The Construction/Project Manager will report to the Major Projects Group and will be responsible for providing direct supervision, coordination and management of construction for terminal projects. Additionally, this position will work with and assist project managers, engineering staff, regional operations staff, and others as needed.
Responsibilities and duties include overseeing and coordinating the planning, scoping, estimating, execution and completion of project construction on time and within budget. This position may also require the candidate to support multiple projects simultaneously.
Other responsibilities include overseeing and/or ensuring that construction contractors are properly managed, meet construction schedules and stay within budget. The candidate will make recommendations to remove any contractor who does not adhere to our policies and procedures as well as take part of the process to Interview and make recommendations to assign new contractors to our projects.
DETAILED JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Responsible for construction management of projects associated with crude and refined products terminals and/or pipelines, potentially including:
- API storage tanks
- Pump Stations
- Onsite and Offsite Pipeline systems
- Boiler System(s) and/or other Heat Transfer systems
- Rail and truck loading and unloading racks
- Marine liquid bulk loading facilities
- Vapor collection/destruction systems
- Assist in completing the development of project scopes, cost estimates, schedules, work plans, safety plans and resource requirements as part of the initiation and planning phases of the project life cycle.
- Managing the execution of construction, startup and commissioning of projects including the development and updating of reports regarding project status.
- Regularly update management and operations personnel about the progress of projects, potential problems and/or other concerns.
- Consistently maintain and demonstrate a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets, employees, and the public.
- Assist in evaluating and obtaining approval of changes to project scopes, budgets, and/or schedules and completing all required documentation of changes.
- Ensure contractors have a services agreement in place and that insurance requirements are met to perform construction at our facilities.
- Validate that contractors have proper training to perform construction per our project specifications, procedures and safety requirements.
- Assist in reviewing project plans and details for code compliance, standards and good engineering practices.
- Works closely with operations personnel to ensure proper installation while minimizing disruption to daily operations and ensuring safety.
- Capable of establishing a course of action for self and/or others to accomplish specific goals through planning and prioritization of assignments using allocated resources.
- Must be a self-starter and self-motivator with the ability to perform effectively with minimal supervision.
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as the ability to facilitate meetings effectively.
- Strong organizational skills and the capability to meet scheduled deadlines when implementing multiple initiatives.
- Must be a positive example for others by demonstrating the Company's core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people.
- Ability to cooperatively work with people and accept supervision and direction.
- Must be flexible and able to work effectively in a team environment and consistently maintain a professional and respectful demeanor/attitude with co-workers, clients, vendors, and regulatory agencies.
- Assist in Management of Change protocols and documentation for EH&S and Engineering Departments input.
- Overtime and extended work hours may be required in cases of emergencies or to achieve project schedule.
- College degree in engineering or construction management.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years' experience in terminal and pipeline construction management.
- Must be familiar with construction safety requirements (OSHA).
- Must have a general knowledge of Industry standards and regulations including: API 650, 653 and 1104 welding procedures, ASME B31.3, DOT 195, SPCC, NFPA, etc.
- Must be able to read, comprehend and possibly amend drawings typically associated with construction projects including civil, mechanical, P&ID's, PFD's and I&E.
- Experience with Management of Change, safety reviews and the project closeout process.
- A satisfactory driving record as determined by the Company and a current, valid State driver's license are required.
- Proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, and Outlook.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS REQUIREMENTS:
- A strong commitment to safety is expected.
- Ability to handle stress associated with meeting deadlines.
- Ability to ascend tank stairs and traverse uneven surfaces at field locations.
- Employee must be physically capable of completing and satisfying all training requirements as stipulated by local, state or federal agencies and/or Company Policy.
- Employee may be exposed to smells and fumes associated with refined petroleum products.
- Work is performed outside in varying and sometimes extreme weather situations.
- Field activities may include walking to and amidst work and/or construction sites, climbing in and out of trenches, working around heavy equipment, negotiating rough terrain, areas of loose rock and working in confined spaces.
- Employee may walk up to 5 - 10 miles per day in temperatures that can range from 0 to 120 F.
- Climatic conditions may include severe seasonal changes including both winter conditions with frequent snow or extreme summer heat and sun.