Skills: Financial Audit
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
An opportunity to apply your internal audit capabilities, working autonomously in one of the largest audit functions globally, helping to deliver change and leverage new technologies to improve efficiency.
About the Role
The position supports Shell Internal Audit (SIA) in the delivery of it's mission to provide independent assurance to the Group leadership, the Audit Committee and ultimately the Board on the status of internal control systems and risk management processes, which have been designed to help Royal Dutch Shell accomplish its objectives.
SIA helps the Group to achieve its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the Shell Control Framework in its various aspects as well as risk management practices.
The Audit Professional Practice Associate is a role for a qualified, experienced internal audit (IA) professional, who will be a member of the APP team and report into the APP Manager.
The purpose of this role is to continue to develop, implement and embed our Internal Audit Methodology and supporting guidance (as per the International Standards for Internal Auditing), which includes conducting quality reviews on audits performed, identification of training needs, and supporting the professional on-boarding of new joiners, SMEs and co-source staff.
It is expected that the Audit Professional Practice Associate will participate in one audit per year (up to 3 weeks international travel), generally as a team member coach for the first-time lead or new AM. The Audit Professional Practice Associate will apply experience and judgement in the execution of audit programs and assess results to provide assurance and/or to identify issues and make recommendations.
The job requires someone who can clearly communicate with auditors around the world, mainly business rotators with no professional IA background, to help the consistent application of internal audit theory in a wide range of practical scenarios.
Principle accountabilities include:
- Build strong relationships with AM's and audit teams to ensure continuous improvement and alignment between Professional Practices department and rest of SIA
- Promotes and implements improvements to the SIA Methodology and supports the adoption of these changes within SIA largely through influence, using their internal audit professional expertise
- Assist in the development, implementation and embedding of audit methodology and guidance
- Verify continued alignment of SIA methodology with International Audit Standards
- Develop best practice examples and guidance
- Perform quality assurance reviews (QARs) of audits performed within SIA (on a sample basis)
- Analyse the outcomes of QARs to identify common weaknesses and areas for improvement
- Support knowledge sharing and continuous improvement within SIA based on, among others, the QAR outcomes
- Provide input to SIA professional training course development including course delivery and/or facilitation where required
Shell is a company with shared values. Honesty, integrity, and respect aren't simply a strapline: they are a part of everything we do. What's more, Shell is an equal opportunities company, and we place the highest possible value on the diversity of our people and our inclusive approach. Join us and you'll belong to a world where you can feel pride in your achievements and propel your career with global opportunities
We care deeply about fostering a truly diverse workplace. We believe in doing everything we can to make Shell as flexible, appealing and supportive a place for women to work as possible. And we've retained our title as a top employer for women in the Times again in 2017.
We help with things like our formal (and informal) flexible working. Like our global and transparent pay policies backed by leadership team fully supportive of our diversity ambitions. And we'll help foster your career through our Women's Career Development programme and our extensive Women's Network.
People with an impairment
At Shell, we're all about top talent. End of story. We want to encourage those of you who may face an impairment to regard Shell as a place where you'll be fully supported to grow and develop your career. It's as simple as that.
If you'd like to apply, just let us know about your circumstances. We can support you throughout the process. From application, to interview, to your first day of a rewarding career with us.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
Qualifications & Experience
- Qualified internal auditor (e.g. CIA, CMIIA, PIIA or equivalent) with significant Audit experience.
- Auditing competencies built on significant experience in internal audit (in Shell or outside) and is able to independently mentor and coach other new Audit Professionals, Audit Managers and first-leads in Audit methodology and execution
- Ideally able to prepare and conduct training/learning sessions for other staff within own teams and across SIA.
- Able to independently deliver/generate methodology developments, best practice guidance and insights.
- Proactively co-operate with SIA colleagues to improve Audit / methodology through formal and informal networks
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.