Skills: Rig Electrician, Electrician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This position is responsible for installing and maintaining the Variable Frequency Drive (VFD), as well as electrical wiring and equipment, generators, air conditioning and alarm system.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
* Responsible for troubleshooting the following:
* control logics with PLCs based control
* VFD control logic (conversion and inversion)
* electronically controlled engine/generator sets
* relay control logic
* motor control systems
* Understand PLC controlled systems, the use of PLC software and possess the ability to read and analyze PLC control ladder and other logic.
* Be able to interpret electrical and electronic schematic diagrams.
* Understand electrical and electronic test equipment and their functions.
* Must be knowledgeable of lock-out/tag-out procedures and maintain a willingness to comply with them.
* Cut and trim wiring, make terminations with connectors or solder connections to fixtures, outlets, and other equipment.
* Test circuit connections using the proper electrical test equipment as well as digital generator and VFD monitoring components.
* Install, test, troubleshoot and maintain electrical equipment such as air conditioning, heating and refrigeration equipment. As needed, install and repair lighting systems.
* Repair electrical and electronic equipment such as panel lighting, circuit breakers, junction boxes, voltage regulators and reverse current relays.
* Build and install electrical distribution panels for motor starting, operations and multi-dwelling office/camp installations including its accessory equipment.
* Build, install and maintains alarm system.
* Install, calibrate and maintain gas detection equipment.
* Ensure an adequate amount of tools and spare parts are available and, as needed, submit requisitions to Toolpusher / Purchasing Manager for approval.
* Abide by Company policies and procedures.
* Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Position Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* A High School diploma is required.
* Must possess all current certifications and licenses necessary to safely perform the functions of this job.
* Should have at least 5 years of specific work experience preferably in the drilling industry.
* Must have good verbal communication skills and able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors. Being multi-lingual is preferred.
* Must possess adequate PC skills to include all MS Office products.
* Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.