Skills: Production Engineering, Maintenance Engineer
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
WorleyParsons is looking for a Senior Operations and Maintenance Engineer to join our Oil and Gas project delivery operation based in one of our Aberdeen office locations with occasional visits to offices in Baku.
Your skills and expertise will be utilised across a range of domestic and international projects, starting in the bid phase, continuing through to award, start up and execution. The Senior Operations and Maintenance Engineer provides front line asset operations support to the execution team, this will entail a broad range of activities, including maintaining system operability, promoting operations excellence, plant optimisation, identifying and resolving technical issues, and understanding health, safety and environmental issues. It is expected that this position will be capable of performing the duties of the operations manager in their absence as either stand-in or delegate. They are responsible for production optimisation, operational reliability, systems diagnostics, ensuring loss reporting and resultant root cause analysis is performed to a satisfactory level. It is expected that they will also represent the asset with the HSE, DECC, ICP and other key external stakeholders.
- Deliver Operations Readiness Plan to the extend applicable for the Define Stage; and if sucessful (both FEED Contractor and role occupant) person will be extended to execute Operations Readiness Plan.
- Coordinate with Field Operations team to get input on Design
- Identify Operating Procedures needing update of define ones
- Provide input to development of project specific O&M strategy, identify additional training needs for the operating personnel.
- Provide Project Operations support in workshops defined in the DHMP.
- Develop Operations Readiness Plan and agree execution framework with the BP CatB Operations Manager.
Education / Certifications:
- Ideally degree qualified in relevant technical degree eg process engineering, however would accept incorporated engineer with appropriate experience levels - BOSIET / MIST
Experience / Competencies:
- Considerable relevant experience of the oil and gas industry, predominantly gained in an engineering and production operations environment
- Good working knowledge and application of relevant UK oil and gas industry regulations
- Familiarity with quality processes and the application of continuous improvement tools is desirable
- Conducts all activities in a safe and effective manner and raises safety and environmental issues immediately and in line with corporate policy
- Carries out duties in a way that maximises value and minimises waste and risk.
- Undertakes the role in line with corporate policy and demonstrates behaviours in line with WorleyParsons values at all times.
- Readily accepts accountability
- Continuously develops ways of working by seeking feedback from colleagues and key stakeholders
- Complies with project management disciplines, effectively utilises knowledge databases and actively participates in project reviews
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of engineering principles and practical application
- Ability to work in a fast moving, customer focused environment whilst maintaining the highest ethical integrity
- Proven ability to interact effectively at all levels and encourage a team ethos across core crew and subcontractors