Skills: Derrickman, Driller
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Sakhalin Oblast, Russia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This position is responsible for assisting the Driller in supporting the Company's drilling projects by safely and efficiently supervising the crew on the rig.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
* With direction from the Driller, will safely direct rig crews in drilling and other activities, such as setting up rigs and completing or servicing wells.
* Train new crew members on standard operating procedures to include, but not limited to, proper care and maintenance of the rig and drill string, including lubrication of equipment and housekeeping.
* Connect sections of drill pipe, using hand tools and powered wrenches and tongs.
* Repair or replace defective parts of machinery, such as rotary drill rigs, water trucks, air compressors, and pumps, using hand tools.
* Maintain and adjust machinery in order to ensure proper performance.
* Observe pressure gauge and move throttles and levers in order to control the speed of rotary tables, and to regulate pressure of tools at bottoms of boreholes.
* Maintain records of footage drilled, location and nature of strata penetrated, materials and tools used, services rendered and time required.
* Bolt together pump and engine parts, and connect tanks and flow lines.
* Start and examine operation of slush pumps in order to ensure circulation and consistency of drilling fluid or mud in well.
* Remove core samples during drilling in order to determine the nature of the strata being drilled.
* Line drilled holes with pipes, and install all necessary hardware, in order to prepare new wells.
* Position and prepare truck-mounted derricks at drilling areas that are specified on field maps.
* Cap wells with packers, or turn valves, in order to regulate outflow of oil from wells.
* As needed, will assist Driller in compiling various reports, such as: drilling report, preventive maintenance/equipment report, safety report, etc.
* Maintain safety standards and procedures and keep work area in safe working conditions.
* Abide by Company policies and procedures.
* Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Position Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* A High School diploma is required.
* Must have current Well Control certification and any other certifications as required by client.
* Should have at least 2 years of work experience as an Assistant Driller
* Some work experience in supervising drilling crews is preferred.
* Must have knowledge of mechanical systems and be skilled at working with hand and power tools and operating work vehicles such as forklift, trencher, crane, etc.
* Must have good verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors. Being multi-lingual is preferred.
* Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.