Skills: Crew Chief, Drilling Manager, Drilling Superintendent
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Sakhalin Oblast, Russia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This position is responsible for coordinating and directing various activities for the Company's drilling operations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS will include the following:
- Plan and direct drilling rig equipment utilization for projects to include, but not limited to, coordinating rig moves, location visits, and assisting with job bids.
- Monitor rig paperwork and prepare work orders to maintain equipment and upgrades.
- Support the Company's HSE policies and procedure by monitoring sites for safety violations to pro-actively prevent accidents.
- Establish and maintain working relationship with customer personnel at rig and district level.
- Set goals and objectives for rig personnel and monitor performance.
- As needed, will assist in the interview process for hiring rig personnel, recommend promotions, approve transfers or discharges and approve all training for rig personnel.
- Ensure that all Company policies and procedures are adhered to on rig.
- Oversee major overhaul of rig components and conduct rig visits and inspections.
- Assist purchasing, safety, personnel and maintenance departments for operations.
- Prepare and conduct monthly rig manager meetings and attend mandatory meeting as requested.
- Review and discuss reports pertaining to rig operation.
- Be available on an on-call basis for assigned rig.
- Act as Project Manager on rig refurbishments.
- Responsible for approving rig employee timesheets.
- Abide by Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
POSITION SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A High School diploma is required.
- Should have work experience as a drilling Superintendent and experience in supervising others.
- Must be a detail oriented, self-starter and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks.
- Should have good PC skills to include all MS Office products.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors. Being multi-lingual is preferred.
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may be required to lift and/or move objects of up to 50 pounds. Hearing, seeing ability of rapid mental coordination. It is required to be mentally alert for entire regular shift.
This position may work in various locations - both in the U.S. and internationally. Some locations may be subject to extreme temperatures, hostile environments, civil unrest, etc. Also, travel to and from work location may require extended layovers in unfamiliar locations. Potential for exposure to temperature changes, wetness, confined spaces, chemicals, grease and oil, working with ladder/scaffolds, working with hands in water, and working alone. Parker Drilling will supply adequate training and equipment to meet the functions of the job.
- Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
- Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
- Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
- Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
- Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
- As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.