Skills: Editor, Electrical Technician
Other Skills: RigADCP, AutoCAD, UKOOA, OGUK
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Fugro is the world's leading, independent provider of geo-intelligence and asset integrity solutions for large constructions, infrastructure and natural resources. We provide the technical data and information required to design, construct and maintain structures and infrastructure in a safe, reliable and efficient manner. Working around the globe, predominantly in energy and infrastructure markets, we employ approximately 10,000 employees in 65 countries. Across the globe, we provide the people, equipment, expertise and technology that support the exploration, development, production and distribution of the world's natural resources and the development of buildings and infrastructure, even in the most challenging and remote areas.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assists in the Mobilization of equipment, as directed.
- Travel offshore to install/service/repair Metocean equipment.
- Maintain Company Vehicles following company and safety protocols.
- Maintain RigADCP Tool Boxes, tools and spare inventory (Spare Kits, Chain inventory, Rope inventory, Ballast Inventory).
- Service and test equipment (to include: chain hoist, life jackets, safety harnesses, shrouds, floatation, subsea frames, winches, spreader bars, etc.).
- Drive forklift, maintain forklift credentials and adhere to all forklift safety protocol.
- Performs and assists with maintenance and cleaning of equipment and work area as directed.
- Employee is responsible for the quality of work performed along with personal safety, co-workers safety and the care and maintenance of equipment.
- Observe and follow all company safety rules and procedures.
- Support and encourage continuous improvement of the company's processes, including safety program and quality management system.
- Communicate tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Maintain effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Come to work regularly and on time.
- Execute work duties in an organized and efficient manner.
- Maintain organized and clean work area.
- Work well while under supervision.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Able to work while under stress.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Microsoft Office, Outlook, AutoCAD.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Basic knowledge of electricity, hydraulics, engines.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 0 to 12 months of shop experience.
- Must have a valid Driver's License (Commercial preferred).
- Have or be able to obtain and maintain offshore work / safety certifications; including UKOOA/OGUK physical and other offshore requirements.
- Communicate tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to meet physical demands; including heavy lifting.
- Must be able to work offshore for up to 30 days at a time and be able to travel.
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)
At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.
At Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by the supervisor.
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly
We are the world’s leading, independent provider of geo-intelligence and asset integrity solutions for large constructions, infrastructure and natural resources. We provide the technical data and information required to design, construct and maintain your structures and infrastructure in a safe, reliable and efficient manner.
Are you new to the workforce and just starting your career? Are you looking for new challenges in your field of expertise? Have you learned and acquired skills which translate easily into our global workforce? Fugro has opportunities for individuals at all career levels and experience. Explore the possibilities to Join Team Fugro!
10 Reasons To Join Fugro
Many of us have asked ourselves what are the compelling reasons that we love our jobs and what keeps us committed to this company. We want to share those reasons with you so that you know why we are so engaged and motivated by working for Fugro.
1 - We have been rewarded for our good work.
Fugro delegates responsibility to the lowest level possible meaning that there are outstanding opportunities to grow your career.
2 - We love being part of a great team.
Fugro’s team driven work environments allow us to succeed in and celebrate our work as part of a team.
3 - We work with the best and brightest.
Fugro is led by industry leading individuals who share their knowledge as mentors to others.
4 - We get to work with individuals from all over the globe.
Fugro’s diverse culture and global footprint means that we get exposed to people and cultures from all over the world.
5 - We have learned more working at Fugro than any other time in our career.
Fugro is committed to providing ongoing training and development to the staff.
6 - We chart our own course.
Fugro’s global presence means that there are virtually unlimited opportunities to grow and work internationally.
7 - We want to come home at night and we care about the communities in which we work.
Fugro has a strong commitment to health, safety and the environment.
8 - We get to work with some awesome tools.
Fugro has a passion to employ technology and innovation in the workplace.
9 - We sleep well at night knowing Fugro is a strong and stable company.
Fugro has been in existence for more than 50 years and during that time has continued to grow and prosper.
10 - We get to be part of something greater than just a Company.
Fugro is committed to corporate social responsibility and this is expressed through charitable support and volunteerism in the communities in which we live and work.