Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Deer Park, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Saybolt - Deer Park, TX
The Senior Buyer position will work with the Location Manager to plan and execute a procurement strategy for Saybolt North America. This position must have an in-depth knowledge of the basic purchasing functions and can apply this knowledge, when reviewing demands or requisitions, thus finding the best opportunity for the Company with respect to quality, delivery, and cost. Strategic sourcing and contract negotiations will be required.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gathering/tracking equipment, supplies, and usage data in the inspection and project labs at facilities, analyzing and projecting needs, generating quotations and preparing purchase orders for procurement of materials. The Senior Buyer must be familiar with all basic purchasing concepts, practices, and procedures and is expected to suggest and execute more advanced procurement ideas. Additionally, the Senior Buyer is responsible for building strategic supplier relationships in day-to-day procurement responsibilities.
- Safeguards company confidential information, internally as well as externally, when soliciting quotations from suppliers by executing non-disclosure agreements (or NDAs) before conducting business.
- Responsible for strategically sourcing supplies and contract negotiating with vendors.
- Conducts in-depth analyses of internal customer requests for supplies/materials/equipment, as well as advanced analysis of demand. Evaluates past needs/requirements in order to practice effective Material Requirements Planning (MRP).
- Demonstrates the ability to manage inventory levels by analyzing demand and putting together solutions with the supply chain for consignment and/or Just-in-Time deliveries.
- Demonstrates above average ability, based upon items or services needed, in competitive bid specification(s) and works to obtain a favorable position with respect to commercial and contractual terms for inventory and/or expense item purchases, as well as contractual arrangements for the purchase of services and materials from Suppliers.
- Maintains quality control objectives complementary to corporate policies and goals.
- Ensures that the Company's purchases are in compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations and complies with Core Laboratories' purchasing guidelines/approval authority.
- If required, completes purchase orders and distributes purchase orders to suppliers.
- If required, obtains written acknowledgement(s) and compares to original purchase order(s).
- Compiles records of items purchased including, prices, deliveries, and inventories.
- Consults catalogs and conducts interviews with suppliers to obtain specifications.
- Monitors and reports supplier delivery performance.
- Manages shipping/receiving department
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Minimum 7 years of experience in a purchasing/procurement environment required with a Bachelor's degree. Minimum 10 years of experience in a purchasing/procurement environment required without a Bachelor's degree.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
Membership in the Institute for Supply Management (ISM) or the Association for Operations Management (APICS) is preferred.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Must have the ability to read, interpret, and understand the locations supply demands and needs. Experience with Oracle is preferred but not necessary. Experience with MRP reporting is preferred. Experience in Microsoft Office required, i.e., Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc. Excellent communication skills are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee may be asked to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.This position resides within a normal office working environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description, Production Enhancement, and Reservoir Management services.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.