Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Civil Construction, Estimating
Other Skills: Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing, commercial MEP, asinos, hospitals, office buildings, apartment complexes, universities, schools
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Location: New Orleans, LA / Dallas, TX / Orlando, FL / Nashville & Memphis TN / Raleigh & Charlotte, NC
Duration: Direct Hire (will relocate to any of the above locations)
We are looking for people who do Commercial Mechanical work (i.e. casinos, hospitals, office buildings, apartment complexes, universities, schools, etc.)
Commercial MEP experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5-8 years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and expertise
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees
- Knowledge of Estimation software is strongly encouraged
- Experience with estimating techniques and cost control
- Ability to perform detailed labor and material take-offs
Responsible for preparing and/or coordinating the preparation of full estimates on large and complex projects as required by client's documents and providing complete conceptual and total bid price
Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Reviewing and evaluating Requests for Estimates
- Preparing weekly bid calendar and ensuring timely completion of estimates
- Reviewing estimates and revisions for completeness and accuracy
- Creating job folders
- Reviewing construction documents and understanding scope of work to bid
- Executing take-offs of construction documents
- Inputting take-offs into computer spreadsheet
- Obtaining pricing for materials
- Obtaining bids from subcontractors
- Preparing cost analysis in computer by recapitulating material, labor, equipment, subcontractor and overhead costs incurred in the installation of items
- Making an estimate where predetermined standard(s) are not available
- Informing immediate supervisor of any observed inaccuracies or omissions in quoted item or computer database
- Developing and maintain resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
- Attending departmental meetings as required
- Photocopying documents and plans
Located minutes from downtown Houston, "The Energy Capital of the World," G.A.S. Unlimited, Inc. is a staffing specialist to the Oil and Gas Industry.
G.A.S. Unlimited, Inc. was established in 1970 as an Oil and Gas staffing firm serving companies along theTexas Gulf Coast. Since our inception, we have grown into a global Staffing Specialist assisting the United States' top Energy companies and professionals. We are dedicated to providing the leading EPC and Operating companies with superior staffing services and employment management across the nation and around the world, while matching our employees with their future project opportunities.
Our priority is matching clients with employees, not only based on job requirements and worker expertise, but giving due consideration to the business goals of our clients as well.
A growing market requires focused endeavors to circumvent industry challenges. We manage your employment requests; improving cost control, increasing productivity, and reducing risks.
Design and Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Start-up, Operations and Maintenance
Contract, Direct, Contract-to-Direct, Project Management, Payroll Services, Global Logistics and Resources, Recruitment: Expats, OCNs, Locals
Fast fact about G.A.S. Unlimited
• Headquarters: 15999 City Walk Suite 200 Sugar Land, TX 77479 United States
• Website: http://www.gasglobal.com
• Industry: Staffing and Recruiting
• Type: Privately Held
• Company Size: 501-1000 employees
• Founded: 1970
• 42 Years in Business
• Leader in its Field
• Work with Nearly All of the Leading Global EPC Firms (Bechtel, CB&I Lummus, Fluor, Foster Wheeler, Jacobs, KBR, Shaw, Technip, Wood Group, Worley Parsons)
• Provided services to clients on 6 continents
•Focus on All Phases of Asset Life Cycle (Engineering/Design, Construction, Commissioning/Start Up, Operations & Maintenance)
•Operations in 15 Countries
•Expanding to 12 new countries in 2011
•40 years of staffing experience
•Global provider of highly skilled contract personnel to the Energy industry