Skills: Risk Management, LNG
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The LNG Risk Analyst is responsible for reviewing and providing assurance on the reasonableness of the overall book representation of the LNG desk, ensuring that the price risk management activities of the desk are captured timely within the trading systems and that the resultant pricing exposures carry the relevant fair values consistent with internal mark to market standards. The individual is charged with understanding how the LNG business generates returns, what resources are consumed in the process and what price risks are taken in the process of generating cash and mark to market returns. The individual is expected to play an independent role from Commercial, and identify inconsistencies or concerns in price risk measurement and management practices to the appropriate level of management.
• Understand the trading strategies employed by the desk, pricing exposures and P&L generated by the trade book and the key drivers of value generation.
• Develop effective relationships with Chennai Risk team in order to deliver as "One Team". This includes working closely with Chennai Risk team on daily risk reports, with the objective of reviewing the reasonableness of mark to market valuations, positions and value at risk (VAR).
• Understand key price indices used by the trade desk and construction of forward curves, facilitating a review of the forward curves and proposing alternative data sources where warranted.
• Execute market risk controls under Shell Control Framework. This will also include limits review as well as design of new controls for new businesses/deal types.
• Drive understanding of the design and utilization of methodologies to assess risk/reward of the portfolio, including VAR back-testing/Stress Testing/Scenario Analysis.
• Collaborate with IT and other teams to identify, develop and implement market risk continuous improvement projects relating to the LNG desk.
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
• Degree in a quantitative discipline, preferably in Accounting, Business/Commerce or a related field
• Relevant LNG industry experience preferred, with background in derivatives trading or physical crude/products a distinct advantage
• Strong understanding of trading, operations, risk and mid/back office business processes, policies, procedures and controls.
• Advanced grasp of trading deal structures, interpreting positions, P&L, mark to market and financial analysis
• Ability to perform under tight deadlines in a very fast-paced trading environment
• Ability to multitask with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to build and maintain positive stakeholder relationships
• Self motivated individual who functions well in an unstructured environment
• Systems knowledge - Advanced working knowledge of Excel. Knowledge on Endur trading system will be an advantage
• A team player with the capability in working with virtual teams
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.