Skills: Piping Engineer
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
WorleyParsons is looking for a Senior Pipe Materials/Valve Engineer to join our Oil and Gas project delivery operation based in Aberdeen on a contract basis for 6 months.
You will join the Piping and Plant Layout Department which provides concept, FEED and detailed design services for both onshore and offshore Oil & Gas facilities. Engineering positions involve the layout, material specification, stress analysis, requisition of piping bulk materials and comprehensive analysis of piping designs to ensure inherently safe systems. Design positions involve equipment modelling, piping layout and pipe support design within a 3D environment, including drafting and calculation of bulk quantities and weights.
Your skills and expertise will be utilised across a range of domestic and international projects, starting in the bid phase, continuing through to award, start up and execution.
- Execute piping materials and valve related engineering activities within budget and schedule, whilst maintaining technical integrity
- Maintain piping material and valve engineering activities (Concept, Front End Engineering Development, Technical Study & Detailed Design)
- Act as discipline focal point as required
- Be responsible for assessing effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems, personal and team performance
- Carry out work in accordance with WorleyParsons and project Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality systems
- Maintain the required technical quality of work
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process
- Maintain planning and cost control on all scopes
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant Codes, Standards and Regulations and Procedures
- Provide technical assistance to discipline assigned personnel as required
- Keep up to date with technical developments, National and International standards and legislative requirements related to the discipline scope
- Commitment to and promotion of WorleyParsons values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures
- HNC or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject
- Experienced in quality control requirements and quality assurance for engineering work
- Experienced engineer with sound technical background and expertise
- Experienced in the use of appropriate codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation
- Experienced in the use of design and assessment methods used within discipline
- Competent in use of analytical methods used within discipline including theoretical background for analysis programs
- Familiar with and competent in planning, progress monitoring, forecasting and reporting
- Aware of commercial, contractual and administrative aspects of engineering
- Able to estimate man-hours and materials for delegated aspects of work