Skills: Floorhand / Roughneck
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Denver City, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Position Overview: Carries out a variety of physical activities on the well servicing or drilling rig floor or elsewhere on the well site as directed by the customer or well operator. This is a safety sensitive position.
Reports to: Field Supervisor-Rigs
Directs Reports: None
- Performs initial completions, remedial or downhole maintenance operations
- Assists in servicing of gas and oil wells; transports rig and other vehicles to locations, rigs up/down, pulls/runs tubing, rods or casing
- Assists in removing or installing well head and associated equipment
- Lifts, attaches, installs, and works with matting boards and associated well equipment such as rod strippers, polish rods and pumps
- Operates rod wrenches, tongs, elevators and other associated rig tools and equipment during well servicing operations
- Assists with spooling or unspooling guy lines, placing and operating hydraulic jacks, and placing of emergency and safety gear
- Maintains tubing, rod tongs and hand tools on the rig
- Unscrews or tightens pipe, casing, tubing, and pump rods, using hand and power wrenches and tongs
- Dismantles and repairs oil field machinery using hand tools and power tools
- Cleans up spills
- Keeps pipe deck and main deck areas orderly
- Reports safety hazards, accidents or maintenance issues to rig operator or supervisor
- Drives company vehicles over various types of road conditions and terrains, including highways, rural roads including paved and gravel surfaces, and off road situations including two track roads as needed
- May work in shop or yard as required
- May be requested to work outside of normal work schedule to meet customer needs
- Performs other tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of basic mechanical functions
- Good verbal and written communication
- Basic problem solving and organizational skills
- Can work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in fast paced environment, handling multiple tasks at same time
- Must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening as well as background check
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Oilfield industry experience
- Clean driving record
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs
- Position requires long periods of standing and sitting and the ability to work long hours if necessary
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
Typical working conditions and hazards:
- Work is performed in all weather conditions
- Able to perform duties with protective equipment, H2S respirator where required
- Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery
- Potential exposure to loud noises, airborne toxins, solvents, flammable atmospheres and industrial chemicals
- This is a safety sensitive position. However, essential mental alertness requirements, which include the following, are required to be met as part of the essential job functions, and must be met by Basic Energy Services applicants and current employees. To be considered and eligible for hire, each and every applicant and employee must:
- Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Have, display & maintain the ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
- Not be mentally or physically impaired from any cause, that can adversely affect an employee's ability to safely and completely perform the duties of the position
- Have, display & maintain the ability to work in an unfatigued state
- Have, display & maintain the ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Have, display & maintain the ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one's short term memory
- Have, display & maintain the ability to concentrate
- Have, display & maintain the ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
- Have, display & maintain, demonstrated caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
If any applicant and/or employee is not able to meet these requirements immediately and indefinitely, said applicant and/or employee may not be eligible for employment, re-employment, or promotional opportunities, and may be subject to termination if it is determined that said applicant or employee is determined to be impaired, by following the Company's reasonable suspicion training, and process.
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment