Skills: Asset Integrity Engineer, Corrosion Engineering
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: The Woodlands, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This position is located at Anadarko's Corporate Headquarters in The Woodlands, Texas as a member of the Onshore Operations Systems & Technology - Asset Integrity Team. This position supports the external corrosion prevention best practices leadership with direct support to field staff.
- Minimum 4 years of corrosion prevention experience with facilities and pipelines is required
- Operator and offshore experience preferred
- Asset Integrity experience is preferred.
- Project management experience is preferred
- Competent knowledge in all facets of external corrosion prevention with in depth understanding of including materials selection and design, protective coatings, cathodic protection, corrosion monitoring and prevention, corrosion mechanisms including stray current, mitigation techniques, and project support
- Practical field experience is preferred; Hands on use of indirect survey techniques including pipeline locators, close interval survey, direct current voltage gradient, soil resistivity; ultrasonic thickness testing is beneficial
- Working knowledge of the various Federal and State pipeline and facility regulations including corrosion control, integrity management, and industry standards
- A high degree of personal organization and self-management
- Strong initiative to work efficiently with accurate results
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, changing environment with strong analytical and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively interface with a wide variety of people, both internal and external to Anadarko including field staff, service contractors, equipment vendors, and cross-discipline professionals for superior results
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer and Outlook), Pipeline Compliance System (PCS), and Allegro Field Computers
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Provide input on new construction projects and incorporate newly operated assets into the External Corrosion Prevention Program
- Develop and update site-specific corrosion control plans
- Provide project technical support, as needed, to Engineering, Construction, Operations, Land and field based Corrosion Technicians
- Provide technical support for cathodic protection interference testing, design and installation including impressed current systems, deep and conventional anode bed design
- Provide technical support for corrosion control monitoring and mitigation techniques with an in-depth knowledge of rectifiers, test points, bonds, current requirement testing, close interval survey, etc.
- Provide technical support for atmospheric corrosion monitoring and mitigation techniques including coating inspection, coating failure analysis, recoat/paint projects
- Interface with Integrity Engineers to incorporate corrosion prevention data into the Integrity Management program and risk software
- Review integrity testing results for discoveries and comparisons with the External Corrosion Prevention Program
- Review corrosion prevention testing and recommend appropriate remedial actions
- Support other initiatives as-needed
- Provide project guidance and recommendations for implementation of corrosion mitigative measures and associated budgeting
- Manage assigned projects to successfully complete on scope, schedule, cost, quality, key performance indicators (KPIs), and data deliverables
Corrosion Prevention Database
- Coordinate data review meetings with Operations to provide recommendations to improve data quality
- Facilitate field data upload into the PCS database
- Perform corrosion database audits, maintenance, enhancements, and updates as needed
- Provide training opportunities and guidance to Company personnel on the PCS database, Allegro field computers, and Bullhorn web
Training, Mentoring and Program Maturation
- Provide training opportunities, mentoring and guidance to Company personnel on process, standards, procedures, and survey techniques
- Assist in the development and maturation of Anadarko's corrosion prevention processes, procedures, and specifications
- Assist in the development and maturation of the Anadarko's O&M Manual as it relates to corrosion prevention regulatory requirements
- Regulatory and Compliance
- Stay current with facility and pipeline regulations, industry standards, corrosion prevention and assessment methods, and other applicable technologies
- Interpret State and Federal corrosion control regulations, as needed
- Evaluate the impact of upcoming changes or new state and federal corrosion control regulations
- Support regulatory audits, as-needed
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required. Electrical Engineering degree preferred
Certifications / Licenses
Professional Engineering registration is preferred.
NACE Corrosion / Cathodic Protection Technologist or Specialist certification is preferred.
This position may be eligible for relocation
The percentage of travel required for this position is 10 - 30%
This position is eligible for the 9/80 work schedule.
Anadarko does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role
Equal Employment Opportunity
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating and promoting applicants and / or employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee's and applicant's disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following 'Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law'
Anadarko is among the world’s largest independent oil and natural gas exploration and production companies, with corporate offices in the Woodlands, Texas. Our deep and balanced portfolio of assets encompasses premier positions in major U.S. onshore shale and resource plays, and oil-focused opportunities in deep-water basins worldwide.
Each day, we are focused on our core values of integrity and trust, servant leadership, commercial focus, people and passion and open communication in all of our business activities. We are committed to our mission of delivering a competitive and sustainable rate of return to shareholders by exploring for, acquiring and developing oil and natural gas resources vital to the world's health and welfare. At Anadarko, we directly employ more than 4,900 men and women and we strive for excellence in all that we do. We know the best vision in the world will not be realized without the right people.
At Anadarko, we set ambitious goals and take disciplined risks to achieve them. We need individuals who will take on this challenge. We’re planning for the future and looking for exceptional people to be part of it.
Visit our channel on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/AnadarkoTV
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/anadarko-petroleum-corporation
Anadarko is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.